(21)We Had It All

"Twelve weeks and all looks good," Dr. Mehta said to my mom. It wasn't easy telling my mother that I was pregnant. A lot of expected dramas, 'what are people going to say?', 'I am going to beat Aman into pieces', definitely followed but she accepted what had happened. 

What was difficult was to convince her to keep it a secret. She ran into Aman's mom every now and then and they were both on cordial terms. But finally she relented. 

She also fought with me too much about not living with her and then she insisted that she would come live with me but I told her my friends are taking good care of me. Which they are.

Kartik didn't listen to me and told the news to Anidhi and Raven thinking they are the closest to me right now. I have Anidhi visiting me regularly even though she has her own baby to look after her ever since her surrogate delivered. 

As we got of the hospital, my mom who looked really cross with me finally opened her mouth. 

"You should tell him. It's his right you know," she said. 

"He never picked any of my calls then and you are expecting he will do now?" I replied.

"This is the problem with the two of you! Communication gap!" 

I sighed and concentrated on driving back. As I dropped my mom off, I decided to run to the supermarket nearby to get some stuff.

As I was confused between whether I should be eating junk food or not, I could literally feel tears in my eyes. 

"Mira?" I heard someone say. 

I turned around to find Rachit. He had a dazzling smile on. Did he know Aman and I were not living together anymore?

Of course he did. He was not only Aman's cousin but his best friend. For all I know they were at the strip club together. Last time I met him was when he and his wife at visited Aman at his grand mother's place. 

They distracted me from asking him whether we took any precaution or not and then Aman and I also had silly little fight about unfollowing and blocking on social media.

"Hi, Rachit," I managed to say, trying to control my tears. I was crying for chips,  damn it!

"Are you alright?", he asked. His phone rang. "Speak of the devil! It's Aman!" he said cheerfully and then picked up. "Dude I'm coming right outside, be patient! Fine, come get it yourself," he said to Aman on the phone.

Aman was outside and coming in ?

"He can be a little impatient sometimes, right?" he said to me. "Anyway, are you okay?"

I started feeling really weird. Like my body had lost all it's energy and my feet were no longer controlled my gravity. Everything seemed to turn black and I could see Rachit's mouth forming words, saying something to me but I could not hear him anymore. 

And then everything became completely dark. 

**

"It's nothing to worry about. Dizziness is completely normal in the -twelth week of pregnancy Aman," I heard Dr. Mehta say to Aman. Dr. Mehta was my doctor was the past three years and Aman knew her well. I did not tell her about the divorce but I did tell her about who the father was.

But the father didn't know anything and I was afraid to open my eyes. 

"She probably suffered low blood sugar, I am writing down a list of all foods she should be eating. Make sure she is eating well," she continued.