(12) Roses

They try to romance me

But you got that nasty

And that's what I want

So baby, come and save me

Don't need those other lovers

When I got my number one

He was back.

I was waiting impatiently for him to come back because I really wanted to know how his meeting with that girl went. I wanted to just see his expression. Happy? Sad?

Sometimes you think you are ready for a situation but you never are. When Amans began getting upset from me, I could not handle the behaviour that came my way. During the last days before our separation after each argument, I waited for that familiar tone to return, for us to make things alright and go to sleep.

But instead it started disappearing.

He was no longer himself. He would sleep off while I laid awake the entire night. I kept wondering he was going to say the words now. Because he wasn't like that. He solved things. He didn't ignore me ever.

But these were no longer a part of his pattern. It would make me panic thinking he was so easily going off about the entire day without speaking to me while I was having so much trouble.

Aman and I were both possessive. We got jealous and we both knew that about each other.

So even after getting divorced, it was natural for me to feel this way.

I couldn't see him with anyone else and his mom asked him to see this girl for marriage. How could I handle that ?

I heard him getting inside the house. I heard the jiggling of the keys. He slowly made his way inside the kitchen where I was and I started chopping the vegetables almost immediately.

He didn't have to know that I was waiting for him.

"Oh..hey. You are cooking?" he asked surprised. I had asked the cook to go home. We had found our old cook to come over here and cook.

"Yeah, the cook didn't come today. So how was your da..meeting?" I asked. I tried to sound as carefree as I could.

But my face was probably very readable. My huge bambi eyes always gave away what I was trying to hide and Aman was quick to catch that. So I had to give my best performance here.

Living with Aman has made me realize, I am still not quite over him but I still can't convince myself to give it another try. Plus he is already seeing girls.

"I didn't...I didn't go. I called her mother and explained our ....predicament," he said.

That gave me a huge relief. I smiled at him and continue with cooking. "You know, it wasn't my intention to hurt you, Mira."

"Aman, I am sorry I have been behaving this way. I won't from now on."

He smiled at me and left, probably to change.

**

The next morning I woke up late. My stomach grumbled so I quickly brushed and showered, to go get some breakfast.

When I got to the living room, a huge bouqet of roses were waiting on the dining table. Aman looked up from the newspaper on hearing me, "you had a delivery for yourself today."