Im black and blue

"They were close like best friends, and god help anyone who disrespected her..."

I waited to feel some type of electric charge but it never came. Peaking out of one eye i seen the joker standing over me with a raised eyebrow and a smirk. "Dont tease me with a good time if youre just going to call bluff" i snap but my voice cracks as all the memories come flooding back.

Where we going mommy? Not us just you.

Opening my eyes i realize im in a sitting position with the joker curiously looking at me. "Its...when i was younger my family didnt have the most money but we made things work. My parents would argue at night when they thought me and my brother was sleeping. The landlord knew how hard it was always gave us extensions and helped my dad get a second job to pay bills. Every time he seen me and my older brother he'd offer us a ride to school and give us a lollipop from his office. One night my parents were arguing real bad it got physical. My mom stabbed my dad 3 times and was about to shoot him had i not walked in.

He picked me up and tried to take me with him but she wasnt having it. She punched at him until he finally put me down. He told me he was comming back. My shirts was soaked in his blood so when he never came i assumed he died. My mom eventually had to get a job, i figured she was a stripper since she slept durring the day and was out all night. She came home reeking of alcohol and weed. Her hair began shedding she lost her natural glow and was becomming so skinny i could see her bones. One night she didnt have to work but she was jittery more then normal. I layed quietly at the top of the stairs watching her. Someone knocked on the door and she became more jittery as she opened it. I heard a male voice asking her questions and figurex it was the landlord so i ran down to tell him hi, it was dumb i know but he was the only man that ive seen come to our house.

I regretted it immidiately he was a stange looking man. I could never forget his face. He smiled at me and me being the innocent little girl i was i smiled back and waved. He asked did i want to come with him on a adventure and i nodded happily. He put something white in my moms hand who just smiled and began to turn around but i asked if she was comming and she said no just me" i tell joker pulling my knees to my chest not able to finish the rest without exploding into tears.

"Its ok, you dont have to finish" he tells me but i shake my head.

"No i have to get it all out... He did it...3 times i was only 10, my mom pretended nothing happened. She just pretended like she didnt just sell my body for a line." I sob holding my knees to my chest. I knew i wasnt going to be comforted especially not by joker so i tried to suck up all my tears. "I tried to find him and kill him but its like he fell of the face of the earth, the only thing i have to remember him by is a scar" i admitt angrily.

"There you go thats the spirit, kill the people who killed you" he says darkly making me give a sad smile. I wish it was that easy, in that moment i wish i couldve killed that man.

"There you go! Smile, youre an ugly crier" he says seriously making me scoff but give a light chuckle.

"Dont forget im still merciles with sharp objects one wrong thing out your mouth snd you could be my next target." i say making him laugh before he picks me up off the table and sets me down on the floor.

"You up for a fun night on the town or being a bore and staying in?" He ask running a hand through his green hair walking out the room. I follow him slowly to avoid stepping on the electrical wires on the floor.

"Any time to dress up and look cute is something im down for...but what about my cuts?" I ask holding up my gauze covered hands.

"You dont HAVE to wear them tonight the glass didnt go that deep i just didnt have any band-aids" he shruggs taking off his shirt as we head upstairs.