Hanging

The next few chapters will be written in 3rd person.

As she walked down the halls of arkham with a notepad and files in her left hand and clicking her black ballpoint pen she felt small and slightly out of place, but happy. For years she wanted to help people with problems to stop them from hurting themselves and others around them. The inside all felt so foreign until they turned down a hall and her body froze. It felt familiar and she swore she seen a ghost of an familiar looking officer walk down the hall but when she blinked he was gone and no one else seemed to see him either.

"Theres going to be some minor side effects."

"Ms.lawton...everything ok?" The director asked making bruce stop and look back at her. She hated the way he looked at her...like he was waiting for her to attack at any time.(which he sort of was). 'Of course everything was ok i finally finished university and was a psychiatrist. I finally did it, i had a white coat and a name badge i was official' she thinks and A large smile grew on her face as she nodded.

"I finally got my dream job...of course everything is PERFECT" she cheers begining to walk againg and a few of the nurses give her a small smile and wave. The director walks a bit ahead of her and bruce as she gives them the tour, who she playfully bumps her shoulder into to catch his attention when she notices him stairing at a nurse. "I just want to say thanks again bruce...for saving me from drowning. Taking me to the hospital and staying to make sure i was alright, then helping me get this job" she tell him rubbing her arm and he smirks.

"its ok to breathe inbetween sentences...unless that was a side effect" he teases earning a playfully eyesroll from the girl. In the 3 weeks shes known him Bruce was a very nice guy but there was something off about him. She couldnt exactly pinpoint it but then again she wasnt exactly in the best condition to rate someone. The trio stopped at a office down the hall from the directors that looked alot better then a few of the others. There was a cherrywood desk with a white apple laptop perched ontop a black fur covered computer chair with 2 black dome shaped desk chairs on the opposite end with white cushions on the seat part.

"This is beautiful" she smiles hoping her office can look as lavish.

A/n: ok fuck this third person because i feel like im writing a childrens books so here we go:

"Its yours" the director says and i squeal hugging her but quickly let go. She clears her throat and adjust her suit jacket and walks off uncomfortably. I walk into my office and notice a few files on the desk, a note pad and a cup of different colored pens on the side of the apple laptop. A knock on the door grabs my attention and i look up seeing a security guard looking intently at me.

"Uh..hi?" I smile softly raising an eyebrow and he clears his throat adjusting his tie. One of my talents especially for my career was being able to read body language and he was definately nervous. Its not like i was a criminal i was a 5 foot 5 inch girl whos only defense was my sarcasm and the mace i carried in my purse.

"Hi uh, im officer james and ill be escorting you to all of your um sessions" he stutters his pretty blue eyes flickering between bruce and i. Bruce cleared his throat and the tension in the room was very obvious.

"Escort? What am i five, bruce i know this is your doing" i pout crossing my arms and he just flashes a guilty smile before giving me a side hug and quickly leaving. I pick up the notepad and keychain with two keys on it before walking to the door.

"Im so confused as to how you got in here and why bruce is so...protective over you, i know he donates money here but he never visits" officer james rambles with his brows creased.