You got me...

Some moments happen so fast in life, you blink and its over. The chance, the oppurtunity. The what ifs and should haves. To wish you could re-do something to say something better or do something better to have been smarter or faster. Its a form of regret which most people dont know and you may also feel it, the regret that is. But sometimes things happen so fast your mind cant process- thats false. Our brains work alot more and faster then we know so what we said or did was subconciously what we wanted, maybe we're to afraid to admit but it happens so fast, sometimes to fast.

"I have to get zoë" i breathe but jokers pulls me back with a tight grip pushing me back against the counter. When he notices the pissed off look on my face he moves his hands off me.

"Go ahead and take her, put her in a car the bat is tracking, then have her watch while he takes you where her dad is, which by the way we still dont know, and then who is she left with? Let her feel the pain of not loosing just loosing one family member but 2, great idea" he muses sarcastically and i cant help but to glare. He was right but i didnt have a choice, what else was there that i could possibly do?

"What am i suppouse to do?!" I yell fealing my eyes tear up and i begin pacing and mumbling. Time was slowly running out and the bat would be here in less then 10.

"How many times have we escaped from the bat...or if he put us in arkham we ALWAYS got out, let frost-" he began but i scoffed letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"Fuck no j, youve definately lost it" i snap. He couldnt be serious its not that i didnt trust frost because hes definately prooven it and he has two girls of his own he takes care of, i was just terrified. Ive never really been that far away from her or had her with someone else.

"Times ticking Ashton, if you want to break her little heart...well nothing wrong with that i think it builds character, she might make a great criminal one day" he shrugs opening the fridge pulling out a soda. He was right, this would definately break her heart, might even make her look at things differently. Zoë was so full of sunshine energy and beyond smart, she was the last innocent person in my life and i didnt want to ruin that for 5 minutes of my selfish thoughts.

"Alright fine," i mutter and he humms in approval "but im saying bye" i add walking into the living room seeing her and frost playing a card game. "Zoë baby im going out tonight ok? Frost is going to take you somewhere do you feel safe and comfortable with him?" I ask her and she nods happily before making a confused face.

"Please dont ask questions ill explain it later but just listen to frost he'll keep you safe" i tell her before nodding to frost who already has her book bag packed to make sure if that bat comes in theres no trace of her. Zoë hugs me tightly already knowing i'd be out for a long time, use to it from her dad i sigh and kiss her forehead. "Alright remember what i said?" I ask and she smiles.

"Dont be scared to punch a guy in his lower stomach with all my might because thats their second most sensitive spot, keys and anything sharp is a weapon and if i have to run, run fast as possible and yell murder because that gets peoples attention" she says and i smile proudly before nodding at frost who leads her to the basement that leads to a underground parking lot and escape route.

"Come on lets get rid of the bat" joker smiles pulling out two machine guns earning a smirk but i couldnt shake the feeling of something bad about to happen. My hands couldnt stop shaking and my heart was beating out of my chest as we walk out the front door with me infront angry that he put a tracker on my car. It was raining and thundering creating the perfect setting for a good looking fight but before i could move joker grabbed me by my waist pulling me in for a quick kiss.

"Lets go blow some shit up" i say with a malicious smirk which he just laughs to pecking my lips once more before we get in my car and speed toward the trade routes only trucks use. The bad feeling begins bubbling in my stomach but im not sure if its because of nerves or jokers reckless driving but either way it went away when i seen batsy in the rear view mirror.

"Look j, we've got company!" I joke sarcastically. It was no suprise the bat would find us, we were leading him to the opposite of where zoë and frost were headed but now that im thinking about it this whole thing wouldve never started if he put a tracker on my car. "J...he put a tracker on my car" i acknowledge and he scoffs.

"Duhh" he says not getting my point of view but i look over at him angrily and he glances into my eyes. "What?" He sighs confused turning sharply and i yell frustratedly yanking open the glove compartent watching as knives and bullets fall out.

"Not only did he put my niece in danger, he tracked my god damn car j, nobody messes with my car!" I yell loading up the machine gun opening the sunroof and aiming at batman, the front window being bullet proof but his tires werent. One of them popped immidiately on the bullets impact making him swerve off the road and i shoot at the back tires as he does. Of course that wont stop him but it'll slow him down.

"J stop the car! The bat wants to play? Lets play!" I snap not thinking straight at all and that was probably my biggest downfall of the night.

P.s. Very unedited