Chapter 4

Caia

The next day I walk on eggshells.

Yesterday, when I came back after class to retrieve my things, I saw the huge dent on my locker. Several student were throwing curious gazes towards my locker, but weirdly enough they seem almost scared of approaching it.

Even Camille and Jade seemed apprehensive as they waited for me to gather the contents of my locker. I couldn't very well leave my things in an open locker now could I?

Together we went to report the damage to my locker.

As we exited the school I saw Liam prepare his motorcycle. I stiffened in apprehension but apart from a single glance he ignored me and drove away from the school at breakneck speed.

We watch him disappear down the road before Camille turns to me.

"Umm... Caia?"she says hesitantly. I turn to her, ripping my attention from the road and give it to her.

"Did umm... did something happen with you and Liam?"

I look back to the road for a few seconds before answering.

"I don't think he will have anything to do with me anymore." Jade and Camille share a look.

"Well it's properly for the best." Jade says.

"Yeah. Liam's hot and all but he's not... you know... exactly safe. Or boyfriend material." Camille stress the word 'boyfriend' letting me know that she thinks I should look for one.

I shrug. "I don't think I'm on the market just yet. I need to get settled first." And stay safe. Liam has a temper. I've witnessed it more than once already. I have seen enough violence to last me a lifetime already.

*****

The rest of the week I keep as low a profile as I can. Not that I needed to. Liam has obviously forgotten all about me.

He ignores me, not even looking in my direction when he pass me in the hallways of the school. I have noticed that he rarely smiles, and on the few precious occasions that the corners of his lips tips up it's always his friends' doing. He and Adam are together a lot, though it seems Adam splits his time equally between Camille and his other friends.

I really gotta ask Camille what her deal is. The poor puppy is clearly interested and it's like she doesn't even see it! It's driving me MAD!

Anyway back to Liam. He doesn't sit next to me I biology anymore, opting for a spot next to Adam and a group of girls. Though it would seem the girls annoys him.

I only had direct contact with him Friday when we tried to enter the same door at the same time. We collided in the doorway and when what happened?

Nothing.

Nothing happened. I hurriedly took a step back allowing him to go first, which he did without looking at me or apologize.

I think he should have apologized. Even if we both weren't paying attention. Still. Just a small word. 'Sorry' it can't be that difficult can it? Or a grunt of acknowledgment?

Oh god what am I thinking? I don't want him to talk to me! I'm HAPPY he ignores me!

...Right...?

*****

As another week passed I began to relax and learn to ignore him as he ignored me. I'm starting to find my place among Camille and her friends and I have developed a routine. Wake up, eat breakfast, go to school, ace classes and avoid Liam as much as possible, go home, do homework, play on my computer, eat dinner, shower and off to bed.