Chapter 18

When class let out Camille wasted no time in grabbing my wrist and dragging me from the room. We intercepted Jade on her way to the lunch room and Camille grabbed her hand too and then hauled us to the hideous girl's bathroom.

"Da heck are you doing woman?!" Jade exclaim when we are finally let go.

"Caia has been holding out on us about Liam." And just like that Jade gives a nod and in tandem they turn to me and demand "Talk!"

I cast a longing look to the door but when Jade tenses I decide not to risk it. So I steel myself and buckle down for a long overdue girl talk.

*****

"Oh-"

"My-"

"God!"

"Liam Paine lives in the middle of a park?!"

"Fuck that, he gave her the big O! From dry humping! And it was her first!" Jade throws her hands in the air, eyes shining with excitement. "The Beast deserves a medal!"

"More than that, he was at your house and you were at his and you didn't tell us?" she glares at me in accusation. "A definite break of the Cracking Girl Code."

"The what?"

"Like the Bro Code but for girls. Rule #23: if you're not a lady, kiss and tell with your BFFs is mandatory."

"You just made that rule up." I accuse.

"Did not. Check Google!" I was so checking Google.

"But I'm telling now."

"Yeah, because we kidnapped you to the bathroom." Jade says, conveniently forgetting that she was pretty much kidnapped too.

"It doesn't matter when I told you! I don't know what to do now!" I throw my hands up. "Somewhere in the CGC it must say what to do when a scary-"

"-but surprisingly sweet-" Camille pop in.

"- guy makes you act totally out of control and out of character!"

"Dudette I think that if anyone knew what to do when you're well on your way to falling in love, then everyone's lives would be so much easier." It's like everything in the world freezes at Jade's words.

"In love?" I rasp.

"Well obviously." She says. I shake my head vehemently.

"No, no! There's no falling in love! None at all!" I insist. "Just tell me what to do!"

"I already told you what I think you should do." Jade shrug. "Go along for the ride and make sure to get as many O's out of it as you can."

"Oh yes such a good idea." I snarl sarcastically. "And while I'm at it why don't I just jump from the rooftop since that's about as safe as going out with Liam. Seriously Jade, the guy's dangerous, remember my locker? You both warned me away that time right?"

"Yeah well, that was before."

"Before what?"

"If I may interrupt?" Camille breaks in. "While I'm not totally on board with Jade's 'go with the flow' idea, I do think that you should see were this leads." I open my mouth but she holds up her hand, stopping me. "No just listen. I know his reputation with girls and fighting I have known him since kindergarten, but I have never seen him act this way." She throws out her arms. "You think you're the first girl to reject him or play hard to get? Well you're not. Contrary to popular belief he has propositioned a lot of girls and gotten rejected. And he has always been cool with it. He doesn't chase girls. That's what makes you different. You reject him constantly but he's still pursuing you like the FBI after Bin Laden. You think you're acting out of character? Well so is he, like, majorly out of character. So all I'm saying is be open minded. This might not give you the safe and eventless HEA you're looking for, but if you do get a HEA? Girl, it will be beautiful and epic."