A new beginning.

You breathed in the air of London as you stepped out of the taxi. And coughed. That's what you get for moving to a big city, you tell yourself. Pollution upon pollution. You took your two medium-sized suitcases and wheeled them up to a black door with the gold-plated numbers "221" fastened onto it. You knocked and an old woman greeted you.

"Hi! Mrs Hudson, isn't it? I'm ______."

"Oh hello dear! Come inside, and we'll get you sorted out."

She led you to an abandoned looking door and took out a key.

"Now, are you sure you want to stay in 221C? I got someone to clear out the rats but you might prefer to share.."

You smiled politely, "I'm sorry, but I prefer to stay alone." There was no way you were going to tell her that you were too afraid to share with anyone. Whenever you stayed at someone's house, you were constantly paranoid that you would annoy them in some way, and you always tried to stay awake in case you feel asleep on your back and started snoring. Mrs Hudson sighed, unlocked the door and handed you the key. You took it and when you'd wheeled your suitcases in, you locked the door to avoid any unnecessary interruptions. You looked around the room. Overall, it wasn't too bad. It hadn't been inhabited in about two and a half years but it was spacious. And it seemed as though the rats were gone, as Mrs Hudson said. You did a quick survey of the apartment and were satisfied. There was a small bedroom with a wardrobe and a bathroom, and the kitchen was rather spacious with a big table for dining. You decided that the kitchen would work as half a living room too. How that would work out you had no idea yet, but you'd figure it out. After sitting at the table for a good 10 minutes thinking about what stuff you'd missed on social media, you thought it would be a good idea to unpack. The first suitcase you brought contained all the usual, bland, stuff like clothes and... that was it, really. The second suitcase contained the more important things. You carefully took out your laptop, posters, books, CDs and old sketchbooks. You weren't the best artist, but it was fun to doodle away the stress from time to time. Just as you turned your laptop on, you heard a bang from upstairs and someone shouting.

"Mrs Hudson, can you make me a cup of tea?! I'm working on a case!" This was followed by footsteps and Mrs Hudson shouting back,

"I'm your landlady, not your housekeeper!"

Oh, you just couldn't wait to meet your neighbour.