You had your disagreements.

After that emotional day at work, you went back to John and Sherlock's flat. You could get there without any assistance now, and hoped that you could get back to your place tomorrow or the day after at the latest. You worried that you were becoming a burden to them and in any case, you missed having your own space. But it was nice living with Sherlock, even temporarily. You liked how he would comfort you when you couldn't sleep. And you loved to ruffle his hair, just to mess it up that bit more. Sherlock didn't seem to mind either. Sighing, you let yourself in and saw Sherlock staring at the wall. You were about to say something when Sherlock interrupted.

"Molly didn't take too kindly to the news that we were together, did she?" He turned to look at you, walked over and hugged you. Unexpected. But good. You didn't pull away at random contact now. You found yourself craving more of it. His body was solid against your own, like a rock you could cling to whenever you needed. Even in the short space of time that you'd been with him, you had grown accustomed to his constant presence. So much so that you didn't want to go back to your lonely flat. But you couldn't depend on something all the time and you pulled away reluctantly. Then you walked up to the wall he had been staring at. You saw that it was covered with pictures of some kind of yellow coloured graffiti. It just looked like random symbols to you but it must mean something, if Sherlock Holmes had finally found an interesting enough case. What else could intrigue him so much? He must have been working on this for hours - there were pieces of string connecting them to places on a map and... was that a bullet hole?! Thank god you weren't there to witness that, Mrs Hudson would have given Sherlock an earful if she had heard that. Then you heard Sherlock come up behind you, with just centimetres between his chest and your back.

"Someone I know from the bank called me in about some graffiti. John then discovered more near a railway. I believe I've almost solved it but there's still something missing..." You turned around and saw his lightbulb-face.

"Not something... Someone." He suddenly ran into his room and came back, all set to go. He went to the door and looked back at you, almost as if he was waiting for you to go along with him. You stood frozen, again thinking. It always had to be like this, didn't it? Either Sherlock was moping around the apartment like he was just 24 hours ago or he would rush off and leave everyone worrying about him. You remembered how John had killed the taxi man before Sherlock could take the pill. Although he was on the right track, Sherlock never stopped to think about how to approach the situation better. He had to do it alone, because everyone else would of course slow him down. You know what? Fuck him. Maybe Sherlock never bothered to properly consider someone because he was "the smart one".

"Sherlock, stay here."

"What ______?! We need to solve this now!"

"Sherlock! Think about it. Like you always say, why can't you just think? Do you need to do this now?! At this moment? No! You always think that things have to be done as soon as YOU have thought about it. Have you even thought about other people?! That's your weakness, Sherlock. You can't stop for one moment, to think things through. What use is that incredible brain of yours if you can't pause to consider what others think of what to do." You kept your eyes locked with his. And the emotions running through sent a shiver down your spine. Incredulously. Anger. And even some degree of hurt. And now he spoke.

"I don't think, ______? I'm the reason why Scotland Yard has actually been successful. Without me and my so-called erratic thinking, it would be a failure and more innocent people would be prosecuted because of their sub-standard deductions-"

"Does it have to always be about the work, Sherlock?! Everyday, it's always 'I'm bored' and 'there's nothing interesting'! Maybe you could have talked to me these past four days instead of moping about but noooo you've already managed to deduct my whole life story. But here's a suggestion." You stepped closer to him, glaring up into his eyes. The eyes that could captivate and aggravate you. "If I'm so 'interesting', why didn't you try to find out what made me so. If I hide what I'm thinking from you, why don't you talk to me and let me tell you what I'm thinking. But that's just too difficult for you, isn't it?" You tried not to cry. It would just ruin your rant! But you couldn't stop some of the salty water from dripping down your cheek. How could you be crying? You finally looked down, embarrassed, and planned to push past Sherlock and storm out the door. But when you attempted to go out, you found yourself stopped by his arm. You sighed and tried to push past again but Sherlock refused to let you go, and then you felt his hand grab your chin and force you to look at him.

"______, since you got hit by that truck, I haven't spent any moment without thinking of you. I was doubting myself! I thought you would die. But you didn't. Do you really think I care so little about you? The only reason that I haven't talked to you as much as ordinary, sentimental couples would is because I know that you are strong. You are strong enough to not need to be dependent on just anyone." He stared, no, glared at you. "And you, ______, think I'm so stupid and ignorant about this sort of thing. Let me tell you something." Now he'd grabbed you by your shoulders, forcing you to look up at him and leaving a hair's breadth inbetween you both. "I have been intrigued and frustrated by you since you first said you pitied me. I couldn't believe that someone so insignificant as you could even intrigue me. But you did. Happy? And since then, I've realised that, in the end, no amount of crimes and murders can hold the same interest for me as you do, ______. So don't you dare try to tell me that I don't know how to care."

And with that he kissed you. And it wasn't just a light kiss. It was passionant and forceful and you loved every second of it. You were so consumed by it that you didn't even hear the front door open. And apparently, neither did Sherlock.

((Again, I'm so sorry for the delays. But here's an update, at least! :3))