Oh yeah, Molly.

On that first day back at work after the whole broken-ribs thing, you were surprised by how many people noticed you were gone and how many people came up to you to make sure you were okay. Molly especially was unbelievably concerned and her kindness made you want to hug her. You couldn't do much running around trying to find the right tests and solutions but you could manage basic autopsies and reports. Surprisingly enough, Sherlock didn't come in at all to check on any of the three bodies you worked on. It was strange but you shrugged it off. Because you weren't interrupted, you could spend more time actually talking to Molly. And she was nice. Yes, you still didn't understand how she could fawn over Sherlock so much but it didn't disgust you as much as it did the first time you saw her stuttering around Sherlock. Maybe you were getting sentimental because you were with him.

But it was good to talk to her. You told her how you managed to shatter your ribs and get stabbed and how staying with John and Sherlock was. When you casually mentioned the fact that you and Sherlock were together you feared for Molly's safety, seeing as she managed to drop the scalpel just centimetres from her foot.

"Woah woah woah, Molly are you okay?!"

She looked at you, and for a second you saw the hurt in her face before she shook her head and smiled. A bit too widely to look normal but you didn't have time to fully register the tears in her eyes before she ran out of the room. You stood there, slightly in shock, and finally picked up the scalpel before it did anyone injury. You assumed Molly would be gone for a while and started finishing the report on the latest body when you heard the door open and close.

"______, I'm sorry for how I behaved. It was completely erratic, I don't know what came over me-"

"Molly, it's fine," you said, smiling at her. You saw that her eyes were red. Most likely from crying. You knew you weren't, but you felt guilty for making her cry. After all, Molly had been trying to get together with Sherlock since they met, but he hadn't even tried to let her down gently. Obviously, he must be aware of how she feels about him. Even the sociopath wouldn't be that stupid. But with you, it was him that tried to get close to you, him that first said that he'd want to be together with you. And what did you do? You overreacted, trying to convince yourself that you didn't like him, that you couldn't be with him. Then Molly spoke again, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"How... How long have you two been together?"

"Oh, only about... 4 or 5 days. But I've had to live with him and John because the doctors insisted that I needed to take it easy and have medical care and attention. It was either that or a random nurse staying with me in my place." It was another surprise for Molly and when she spoke again, it seemed like she was desperately trying not to cry.

"Well, ______, I imagine it's been rather fun living with him- I mean them."

"More annoying than fun, to be honest. Can you imagine, Sherlock can't do any housework? The only thing he can do is make tea really, and even then it's only half-decent. Me and John have been forcing him to wash all the dishes, and you can imagine how he's reacted to that." You saw her laugh a little when you said that and you continued.

"And he's been going on about how bored he is because there hasn't been an interesting enough case for him and the only thing we can do is play Operation with him to stop him talking for a few minutes." You saw her laugh, even though she had tears sliding down her cheeks. Then she wiped them away and looked at you again. And she looked alright. She was obviously still hurt but you could see that he was finally wrapping her mind around the fact that the person she loved the most was now with her assistant.

"You two are suited to each other, I can see that."

"What do you mean, Molly?" You'd heard John muttering something along those lines as well, but you couldn't see it.

"Well, both of you are critical and you don't like to imagine something that's impossible. Remember that time when you got so wound up because the other examiner and I were talking about the possibilities of maths and all the values getting changed?" Oh, you remembered. It was probably the only time you had ever gotten so mad at Molly, but maths was maths. You couldn't change it.

"But there's other things. You can imagine all the possible scenarios in which someone was murdered and it's a good skill to have. Putting yourself in the victim's shoes is the best way to solve any mystery. And when you've figured it out, you can see the pride shining through you." She put her hand on your shoulder. "You'll make a brilliant medical examiner, ______ and a great friend. You are suited for Sherlock, even though you probably can't see it. Trust in him."

((I'M SO SORRY FOR ALL THE DELAYS AND EVERYTHING AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY AND PLEASE DON'T KILL ME IF MOLLY SOUNDS OUT OF CHARACTER.

thanks :3))