Thinking.

Thinking hurt.

Beneath your two 'options', most of all you wanted to stop thinking so much! It was just always so frantic in your head, even when you seemed to be calm or relaxed. Every moment of the day would go through your head and you just wanted dome calm, for once! And everyone would always say 'Just relax'. Brilliant advice, geniuses. But.. he could relate. Sherlock was always talking about everything on his mind and boy, he could talk. Whenever he shut up, it was like Christmas come early. So, maybe it'd be nice to have someone who understands, though you doubted that someone like Sherlock could sympathise. But he was different. In a small way but different all the same.

Too much thinking. The silence had prolonged for minutes now, but he was still looking at you, looking for your reaction. What would he think? That'd you run. But you don't really like doing what people expect. It's just boring. So.. You might as well stay. Not because you wanted to stay close to him because it felt nice or anything but because you'd have someone to sympathise with. Yeah. That's your reason.

"So, uh... thanks for staying. That was nice of you." Thank god you managed to get that sentence out without stuttering.

"Well, you did ask me to, and I couldn't really refuse, you were bleeding your life away."

You had asked him to stay?! You must have been delirious at the time, but you were glad you asked. And now, it was your turn to stay.