Wake up.

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

Goddammit, that noise was driving you insane. It was hurting. What was it? You vaguely recognised it but it was so heard to remember. Maybe it was just Sherlock doing a stupid experiment at 3 in the morning. He was so annoying. John must've been getting irritated too because at times you could hear the beep disappear, and at others, it just mushed together to make a long, continuous sound. Now, if only you could get up... But it was so hard. Maybe sleeping was better. A calm went through you and you fell asleep.

-Sherlock's POV-

Alive. Alive. Dead. Alive. Dead. Alive...

That's the only information I can hear. The only deductions I can make from that infernal beeping. Although the time between the two suggests that ______'s body is rejecting the morphine. Like she rejected my help. Idiot. If she had only accepted my help, she would never be in this position. Lying still in a supposedly "sanitary" hospital bed, even though the cleaning staff seem to avoid this area a lot. If only she had listened and not overreacted. I sigh and wrap the scarf tighter around me. Do they even think about using central heating?! Maybe I should have explained myself when I said she was interesting. I thought she'd be more calm, more rational-

Sometimes, I think how good it must be to be normal, and not have all these thoughts rushing around. But then, my memory of that night would have slowly gone away...

-Flashback-

And she walked away. So I start to walk after her but she can move so quickly.

"______, stop! Let me help!" But my shouting comes to no avail. She runs. So I ran after her. Of course I do, it's the logical thing to do. Someone who's just been stabbed is in no position to run and needs help. That's all it is. It has to be. There's no logical explanation for feeling miserable when she's not there. It's all Lestrade's fault. If he'd let me solve his most recent cases, I wouldn't be so bored all the time. I've told John it's all Lestrade's fault but he just looks at me and laughs. Why does he laugh? And why, before he went on his predictably catastrophically date, did he say 'You're just alike, the two of you.' I doubt Lestrade and I have... Well, anything in common.

I keep running after her. And see her run into the road. She can't see the truck, driving dangerously around the corner. God, the driver doesn't have to drive that fast to get home to see his mother-in-law.

"______, stop!" Of course she doesn't. And I hear her. A bloodcurdling scream that pierces through my veins before I hear the thud that shows her body slamming into the ground. And NOW the driver decides to stop. I nearly fall to the ground to get to her as quickly as possible. She's lying face down, so I carefully turn her so she's lying on her back. I look down her body, seeing one bloody hand, one bruised hand, possibly bruised ribs and of course, the thick blood staining her coat. She's not going to make it if I don't make the 999 call in 3 minutes. Less now. Taking out my phone, I notice I'm shaking. But I never shake. I'm not nervous. She can be saved quickly. I'm not scared she'll be gone permanently. I know she'll live. I hear the driver say something but I quickly make the call, ignoring him. The woman on the end of the line is infuriating, so slow. She could make better use of her time looking after her children. But eventually, she gets the message. I check my watch.

They can't make it. Even with little traffic at this time, detours and dead end streets will slow them down by 10%. I look back at ______. She looks so peaceful compared to just 6 minutes ago. That's why she's interesting. So changeable and unpredictable. Even I'm wary of her. She can perfect a mask that doesn't show any emotion. Maybe that's why I want to be around her, this close to her like I am now. So I can spend the time that I'm bored, figuring her out. Learning her different habits and emotions. Of course, I figured out about a good part of her life and know about things she likes and dislikes. But there's so much more. Maybe if she let me be with her. At least until I figure her out. John was easy, but ______ is so much harder. So guarded. But the blood starts going again.

The pain must trigger something, because she opens her eyes. She tries to sit up but cries out and I bring my hand to her wound. Her nervous system must be in hell right now. Then she sees its me.

"Why.. are you here.. you-"

"Please, stop talking ______. Unless you want to die." It's painful hearing her talk. Her voice is so hoarse. I lift up my other hand and push away the hair from her face. She just looks so tired.

And finally I hear it. The ambulance. As predicted, they arrived in 6 minutes. Too long. At least they have an oxygen tank. We're driving away from the stuttering truck driver when she tries talking again.

"Sherlock." Any normal girl would have passed out. I should have guessed that ______ would be too stubborn to let a 6 inch deep stab wound render her speechless. I'm too busy straining to hear every syllable she says that I don't notice a hand lacing with mine.

"Stay.. with me. Please." Then I became conscience of it, and though I can't understand my desire to be with her, I squeeze her hand. And she falls asleep. Before we have to get out, I bring her hand up to my face an press it to my lips.

((I'm so sorry if this is really ooc but I really tried to show how confused Sherlock is with his new feelings and everything. Please don't hate it ^^"))