It's okay, love

The weeks were going well, the afternoons were quiet and the nights were finally dreamless for Harry. He was hoping on taking Ginny on a kind of date, since they had spended most of their time at the Burrow. Harry usually thought about what their relationship meant for him, for some reason, he was thinking on what he could do. He could easily date a muggle and live a muggle life, far away from everything that had hurt him, but he knew that wasn't what he needed. He needed to be close to his family and the people he loved. He needed her so he wouldn't crumble. And plus, if Harry lived a muggle life, everything would remind him of Ginny. Ginny reminded him of flowers, juicy apples and a sip of fresh water. She reminded him of heat and fire, of sweetness and sourness, of a sunset and of a full moon. She reminded him of caramel and butterscotch, of love and what it felt to be loved. Ginny reminded him of happiness and how it felt to be truly happy. Ginny reminded him of home and how good it felt to be at home.

Harry sighed, thinking about her was really dangerous, he could end up standing up and having this huge urge to kiss her. She was like a drug, like those kind of things that you need so much and you don't even know why, even though the reason it's pretty simple. He thought of her too much that night, until he stood up and quietly made his way towards her room. The wooden door was closed, the marks of that time when the twins released a bludger inside and it went...out of control. Harry slowly opened the door, trying to not wake her up, but instead of finding Ginny on her bed, sleeping...he found her on the ground, crying.

She didn't even looked up, her head was buried on her hands, choking on her own sobs. Beside her was a magic picture: two redheads, smiling widely, the older one was ruffling his sister's hair, while the girl rolled her eyes and smiled. Two Weasley brothers. Fred and Ginny. Fred, the one who was gone and Ginny, the one who was lost and no one noticed. Harry's eyes widened and he ran towars her.

"Gin, Gin", he whispered as she shook her head roughly, covering her face with her hands and pressing her back against the wall. Harry did the only thing he thought it could work and wrapped her on his arms. She threw her arms around his neck and finally allowed herself to cry. Ginny cried over his chest, loudly, heartbreaking, the most awful thing that Harry could hear. But the worst thing was, that knowing her that well, Harry didn't noticed. He didn't noticed her struggle, the fact that she probably cried every night since the war, the fact that she acted like the strong one even though she was broken. And he couldn't bring her pieces together. He placed her head under his chin, stroking her hair.

"I-I...I'm so-sorry", she said in between sobs as she buried her small body on Harry's arms. He made her look at him, cleaning her tears.

"It's okay, love. Remember what you said? If you keep everything you will explode. You don't have to always be the strong one, Gin", Harry said softly. She sniffed and looked up before she shook her head again.

"I have to. For all of you. I- I can't be weak...", Ginny said hurriedly. She tried to swallow her tears, her fears, her pain. But Merlin, it was hard, it was hard to keep holding it when she had tried to for so many nights...and that made her so strong, but she thought otherwise.

"You're not weak. You're the strongest person I've ever known. Crying doesn't make you weak, love. Sometimes you need to release all of those things, sometimes you need to cry over your boyfriend's chest", he said with a soft smile. Ginny chuckled as she cuddled closer, her body relaxing and suddenly the tension on her was gone. Harry pressed his lips against her temple before she turned and he kissed her on the lips, tasting the salty tears and the sweet flavour of her mouth at the same time.

"And since when do you call me love?", Ginny said after they broke apart, making him laugh. She took his hand and led them both to her bed, slipping under the sheets. Every urge to cry was now gone as she felt Harry's breathing on her neck and she could feel his eyes on her. He went closer, embracing her from behind and wrapping his arms arounf her waist.

"I love you Ginny. I'm always gonna be here for you. Always", Harry whispered on her ear before they both fell asleep. The thoughts of what she decided to do on Ginny's mind. But the decision she was about to take...it was the best for both of them.

Short, lame chapter. But the next one will be a little cruel.