You are my happy ending

The days seemed to be going on a slow motion. Slow, slower, then it all went fast, and then it was slow again. Hermione had finished her studies and was willing to work and be an independent woman, Ron was there to support her in everything, while he was almost done with the auror training. Mr and Mrs. Weasley had gone on a trip to London. George was dating Angelina. It all seemed fine.

And Harry and Ginny?

Harry and Ginny were going...slow.

Since the 'Cho incident', as Ginny liked to call it in her head, they seemed distant. Harry and Ginny are best friends first and boyfriend and girlfriend in second place. They tell each other absolutely everything, because why would they keep something from each other? It would be useless and it could tear them apart. That was exactly what was happening. Every day, they wanted to tell each other how they felt, scared, insecure, weird, uncomfortable. It seemed as if the only thing they were waiting for it was...the ending. And that was freaking them out.

"Hey", Ginny turned around and saw him, they were all alone in the house. It was just him and her. The only thing that mattered was that.

"Erm, hi", She said softly and her gaze slipped to his lips. The last time she kissed him was two...maybe three days ago. A few seconds of incredible awkward silence passed, Harry sighed.

"Ginny, this is ridiculous, pretending there is nothing wrong, when we could win something for being the most awkward couple in the world"

"I am trying so hard not to laugh because you said that sentence, but I know this is really serious and you're right", She placed her hand on her chin and looked at him.

"I've never met someone as unserious as you", He said playfully and she smacked his arm

"I can totally be serious! Come on, test my seriousness", Ginny sat on the couch and he sat next to her, totally forgetting about what they were talking a second ago. Just like old times.

"Okay, your cat died"

"I don't have a cat and I probably hate them", She said with the most serious face that she could wear.

"The point of this is for you to act serious", Harry said and laughed

"I mean, Why?! What a cruel world! I've been through worst things but I am totally going to overreact about my fake cat's dead! Is that what you wanted to hear?", Ginny  laughed and laughed until her stomach hurt. It was ridiculous. her laugh made you laugh, and her heart, her beautiful heart made you fall in love all over again. Harry laughed with her opened his arm so he could hug her, then he kissed her cheek, and then he fell more in love with her. 

"We are so weird", She whispered

"I am aware of that"

"I want us to keep being weird. I like us just the way we are. I would hate if something got between us because you are my life too, I can't imagine a world where I am not madly in love with you", Ginny whispered again and kissed his lips, pressing her forehead against his, "I want us to talk about things and about what happened because that's the kind of couple we are. You are my best friend in the entire world and I love you more than anything in this life"

"You've always been better in speeches, how am I supposed to say anything now?", He made her laugh, "Yes, things have been weird and confusing, but I want us to face that together. It's always been us against the world. We can talk about anything and I can't let that night change us because you are my forever. As cheesy as it sounds, you are my happy ending"

"I love you, Harry", Ginny kissed him, making him forget how to breath. "So, we can talk about anything? Anything at all?", she asked when they broke apart. Harry smiled and pulled her closer.

"Anything at all"

"There are a lot of things I would like to ask, even though most of them are not serious", Ginny giggled and took his hand.

"I will amswer them all if you want me to", Harry whispered into her hair, " Because I love you, that is the only thing that matters to me"

...................................................................................................

God, this is so godamn short. But you have to admit, it is cute af. There'll be a new chapter filled with trouble  tomorrow and I am probably going to update my hinny one-shots book. Do you hear that? The angles are singing "What a damn miracle!". Oh well, I'll see you soon.

Love ya!