It's you and me, kid

This was feeling way too familiar for Harry. And he absoluteley hated that.

For the thousandth time, Harry Potter waited outside a room with worry and guilt filling his heart. For someone whom he loved had gotten hurt because of him. Or at least that was the way he felt.

He had been fooling himself, he had to admit. Thinking that he would never have to got through this again. The waiting. The pacing through the hospital's cold halls. The all-too-well-known fear of losing someone. And even worse, of losing Ginny

Oh, Ginny. If he could only forget the look on her face when the spell hit her. If he could only erase from his mind the stains of blood on her shirt. If he could only get over the breaking of his heart as the doctors took her away and left him empty.

Harry looked up at the brightly lit ceiling and sighed. Thinking was no good for him. Not when the love of his life had just been hurt and he had no clue of how she was doing. Thinking made him blame himself. Because maybe if he had just ran off with Ginny, they would both be safe, sure maybe someone else would've been hurt. Or someone else would've had to wait outside the hospital room.

But it wouldn't have been her. It never would have been her.

It was worse thinking like that. Because he wasn't one to be selfish and let other people get hurt if it meant they would be safe. And neither was Ginny. But Harry would be fooling himself again if he didn't admit that he would sacrifice the whole world if it meant that he could keep her safe.

Because right there, sitting on an uncomfortable chair in an uncomfortable hospital, a part of him wished he had done that. Because, maybe, Ginny wouldn't be injured if he had.

"How are you holding up?", Ron came to sit next to him, holding a cup of coffee that was certainly not his, given by the look of disgust he had when he tried it. Probably Hermione's.

"I'm not even holding up", Harry knew he was coming off as harsh but at the moment, he had gotten from sad to upset to really angry. He had to sit there while his fiancé was hurt and no one was telling him anything. Anything! He had every right to know, and not knowing was breaking him. 

So yes, maybe that was the reason of the harsh tone

"I'm sorry, mate", Ron murmured and Harry lookied at him for he first time in the 12 hours they had been there. There were bags under his eyes and he looked exhausted. And Harry could feel another pang of guilt in his chest. Yet again, and without meaning it, he was being selfish. Thinking that he was the only one who was worried sick about Ginny when her whole family was there!

"No, I'm sorry", He sighed, "We're all just stressed. This is my fault, Ron. I should've stayed with her, I should've..."

"Harry, don't. You can't do that to yourself." Ron runs a hand through his hair and this is one of those heavy moments where Harry realizes he and his best friend have come a long way.

Ron looks older and Harry wonders if he's been doing good at his job and thinks of when was the last time he had asked him or Hermione how their day was. There's this weight sitting on his chest and this promise lingering on his mind, telling him to look out for them more often before it's them who end up in a hospital bed.

Hermione comes in from talking to some doctors and Harry knows her well enough to know that she's keeping herself busy so she won't break down the same way he's just about to.

"There were quite a few injured people from the attack, so they're a bit packed. No wonder they won't tell us anything certain about Ginny"

"I don't-", Harry was about to snap