Chapter 15

The air was quiet... too quiet. The "eye of the storm" if you will.

Not that you minded, for there was always a pleasant sensation that can be gained knowing that one is in the midst of tranquility. This time was no exception, but you knew that it wouldn't last – nothing can last forever. Therefore, you reveled in the tenderness of Hyungwon's warmth, dreading the second you would have to let go. You wished the moment of peace could stretch into an eternity.

Both of you sat silently in each other's embrace until the sun was hovering high in the sky, shining brightly through the window. You moved first, shaking a sleepy Hyungwon until he finally stirred and reluctantly removed his arms from around your waist and his face from your shoulder. Finally free, you gently pushed yourself away from him and stood up. You almost instantly collapsed when realizing that your legs were numb from sitting for so long.

"Hey," Hyungwon groaned, opening his tired eyes slightly to squint against the blinding sun. He offered you a concerned grimace when you staggered a bit and his muscles tensed ready to catch you should you need it. "What are you doing?"

His bruises were nearly completely gone and all the swelling in his cheeks had reduced considerably. Now that some of his outward wounds had healed, Hyungwon's appearance had practically returned to its usual state. You couldn't help but notice how the sun's rays illuminated his face, adding to the newfound energy dancing across his eyes. An energy that you hadn't seen in so long, finally rekindled after the unjust hell he had been put through. What an amazing picture, you realized, seeing the life returning to him as if it never left to begin with.

You cleared your throat with a harsh cough, averting your gaze. "I'm just going to see where Minhyuk is."

The words weren't a complete lie, but they were enough to distract you from continuing to ponder how perfect Hyungwon's face was under the light. You had no idea of where Minhyuk would be or if he was even within the vicinity, causing your chest to tighten in longing for your friend. You didn't know why he wasn't by your side when you awoke, like you expected him to be.

The raven-haired boy furrowed his brows as he recalled what he remembered about Minhyuk's whereabouts. "He's outside. Keeping watch."

You blinked in confusion. "What?"

Hyungwon looked at the ground sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. "When I woke up you were unconscious so he told me to stay inside with you. He said that he was going to guard the house and make sure that no one comes in while you rest. I accidentally forgot he was out there. He's probably still out there actually – you know how he is. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it just slipped my mind."

You let out a soft sigh and straightened up, placing a hand on his shoulder to show that you weren't bothered. "It's fine," you assured with a small smile. "I should go check on him and bring him inside. He probably wants to see me to make sure I'm-"

Suddenly the memories of what happened flooded into your mind with painful force, causing you to break off mid-sentence. You remembered everything up to the point of your passing out.

How he forcefully separated you from Hyungwon's side.

How he tried to comfort you.

How you shoved him away.

How you insisted he lost your trust.

How he held you despite all the hurt you both inflicted upon each other.

Needless to say, you felt disgusted with yourself for allowing such strong emotions overpower your rational, eventually ending in you throwing away your friendship and pinning all the blame on him when you knew that he wasn't really the only one at fault. He was only trying to protect you, keep you grounded instead of being swept away in their storm of problems that would surely end with the lot of them crashing and burning down from the reverie of their success.