Chapter 9

We walk back into the house, our arms full of shopping bags.

Mine contain;

four bras

a black skirt and blue flowy top

a white skirt and pink flowy top

ten pairs of underwear

two pairs of jeans

three pairs of shorts

a packet of hair ties

a pair of running shoes

sweatpants

a sweater

three t-shirts

four singlets

a pair of high heels

a pair of canvas shoes

a pair of flip-flops

a set of makeup

two warm jumpers

three party dresses

"Hopefully we won't have to go shopping again for a while." Rachel sighs, placing her bags on the table as we do the same. "Whats the time?" She asks and I whip out my new iPhone 4S that Rachel really didnt need to buy me.

"5:00. Shit." I say, grabbing my bags and running upstairs, Rachel and Amy following me.

"Sit down, we are doing your makeup." Amy says, forcing me onto the close toilet seat.

"What? Don't do too much, please! Only a little!" I say frantically. Amy nods as Rachel opens my new makeup set.

She pulls out what I believe is mascara, a thing you put on your eyelashes to make them longer and darker.

"Get the hair straightener from the cupboard." Rachel orders Amy and she nods.

"What? My hair is already straight!" I say.

"Just be quiet, Alli." Amy says, plugging the hair straightener into the powerpoint and flicking the switch on.

Rachel quickly swipes the mascara brush over my eyelashes and when I try to look in the mirror, forces me down. She pulls out a thing that looks like a pencil.

"What's that?" I ask nervously, pointing to the pencil-thing in her hand.

"Eyeliner. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt." Rachel says. "Look up." She orders, and traces around the waterline of my eye.

"Beautiful." Amy smiles, grabbing the hair straightener and squishing my blonde hair inbetween the sides, pulling down.

Rachel grabs a pig powder brush and dips it in a skin-coloured powder before brushing it all over my face.

"What's that?" I ask, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Just a bit of foundation." Rachel assures me, pulling the brush away before whipping out the one thing I know of - lipstick.

She pulls the top off, revealing a deep red colour.

"That looks a bit... bright." I cringe and Rachel applies it carefully to my lips.

"It looks good on, trust me. Especially with your skin tone and hair colour." Rachel assures me, doing my top then bottom lip.

"Are you done with the hair, Amy?" Rachel asks and Amy nods, setting the straightener down and flicking the switch off.

"She looks beautiful." Amy gasps, smiling at me.

"Have a look, sweetie." Rachel gestures for me to look in the mirror, so I do.

As I step up to the mirror I don't realize it's actually me. It looks like some movie star on a movie screen, not me. They didn't overdo the makeup, they did it so I look perfect. My lashes are long and dark, and my eyes are black around the edges from the eyeliner. Rachel was right, the lipstick did look much better on and my hair looks better straightened. Everything they did looked perfect and I am so thankful.

"Do you like it?" Rachel asks eagerly.

"I love it. Thankyou so much!" I say hugging them both.

"I'll go get your outfit." Amy says and I nod as she walks to my shopping bags.

"Just don't cry, or all your makeup will run." Rachel warns me.

"I'll try." I laugh as Amy walks back into the room with my white skirt, pink flowy top, heels and new bra. I undress and slip on the new bra and put the skirt and top on. I look at the shoes, labelled 'Windsor Smith' an expensive brand I've never heard of, but according to Rachel they're hot right now. I slip into the small heels and flick the tassels that sit above my ankle.

"You ready Alli?" Amy asks and I open the bathroom door, revealing my figure.

"You look amazing!" Rachel squeals, hugging me tightly. "Have a look!" I look into the mirror and they are right, I look perfect. My breasts are perfect for this top and my arse is rounded nicely for the skirt. The white shoes finish off the outfit perfectly.

"Here, wear this." Amy hands me the bracelet she bought me for my birthday and I thank her with a smile as she clips it on my wrist.

"Time?" Amy asks and I whip out my new phone again.

"5:55. He'll be here in 5 minutes." I say, breathing slowly.

"Okay, you're all ready. You have both our numbers if you need, but I'm sure Brad will take care of you." Rachel says, pushing me out of the room and down the stairs.

"We will leave you to it. Have a good time and be home before 1, sweetie." Rachel kisses my forehead and the girls run upstairs as the doorbell rings.

I let out a breathe before answering the door to see a well-dressed and nervous Brad standing before me. He wears chinos and a red button-up long-sleeve shirt with tiny white birds patterned over it.

"Hi." He mutters, staring at me.

"Hey." I smile, pushing my hair back.

"You look... amazing." Brad smiles, taking my hand.

"Thankyou." I smile back.

"Seriously, you look beautiful. I'm gonna have to keep you away from all the guys that will be after you tonight." He jokes as we climb into his small car.

"You ready for this?" Brad asks, starting the car.

"Yeah." I say, letting out another breath.