Chapter 18

BRADS POV

I watch as the needle plunges into poor Alli's arm and she begins to cry. I can't help but cringe at her pain, but when she looks up at me and her face turns even more worried, I regret it. Within seconds, she has fallen asleep and the surgeons get to work.

They lift her hospital dress to her waist, and I realize she isn't wearing underwear. The doctors must have given her a shower while I was forced to wait outside, because majority of the blood is gone. The surgeons look in awe for a second, and I want to bang their heads together - she is not an animal in the zoo.

Now, they really begin working. I don't want to watch but I made a promise. I know Alli can't see me, but it would be so hard to lie to her and I wouldn't want to.

I cringe and wince as the surgeons poke at her and slice her open, stitching up her torn urethra and patching her vaginal artery. They stitch her skin back together and then, they are done. I look up at the clock, it feels like it took five minutes. It's 2:30, it took about an hour.

"We will wheel her back to her room, and it may take some time for her to wake up. When she does, she will be in a lot of pain and there will be some painkillers on her bedside table." A surgeon tells me and I nod, following her to where Alli lays. I follow them back to her room, where they gently lift her off and place her back on her own hospital bed.

"We've cleaned her off and put on a fresh hospital gown. Have fun." The surgeon winks at me and I laugh, taking a seat next to Alli.

"I'm glad you're okay, baby. I was so scared for you, but you're fine. I love you note than anything." I tell her, smiling as I push her hair back from her forehead.

I grip her hand and rub my thumb over her knuckles. God, this poor girl has been through so much lately.

"It's okay, babe. I'm here for you, I love you. So much, I love you Alli." I whisper and I feel her squeeze my hand. No, she couldn't have. She squeezes again and her eyes flutter open.

"I love you too, Brad." Alli's angelic voice says back as I finally get to see her beautiful eyes again.

Without further ado, I press me lips against hers and grip her waist as she tangles her fingers in my hair.

Why I feel so much for this girl I just met, I do not know. Normally girls line up for me, but none of them are like Alli. She's so gentle, so fragile, so kind... she needs special caring, and I know I have to be the one to do it. I love her, I already know that I do, and I'm not afraid to admit it. So what if I just met her? If my feelings for her are so strong already, then why hold back?

After sharing our passionate kiss, I press our foreheads together. Even after undergoing surgery, Alli looks perfect - her blonde hair cascading down her shoulders, her blue eyes twinkling, her kiss-swollen lips plump and full, her smile lighting the whole room.

"How did I get so lucky to meet you?" I whisper and her smile grows, making mine do the same.

"I'm the lucky one." She replies, her voice so angelic.

"That's where you're wrong."

-------------

ALLI'S POV

The next morning, I wake up in Brad's arms, my head buried in his chest. I smile; there is no place I would rather be.

"Brad, baby.... Brad, wake up." I whisper softly into his ear, breathing down his neck and tangling my fingers in his soft hair.

"Mmmmm... shhhh...." He mumbles, placing a hand over my face. I laugh loudly and smack it away, pinching his cheeks between my fingers. He groans and when I pull them away, his cheeks are a rosy pink.