Chapter 19

ALLI'S POV

A week later, I was standing in front of my full-length mirror, checking my outfit for the final time.

Today was my first day of school at West Philadelphia High - where all the kids of this neighborhood go, including Brad. I already know that I'm the talk of the town, not only being the new girl and most popular kid Brad's girlfriend, but also the fact that I'm living with Rachel Shaw and the whole Jack incident.

"Alli, your ride's here!" I hear Rachel call from downstairs and I furrow my brows in confusion. I'm taking the bus...

I quickly grab my over-shoulder bag and rush down the stairs, Amy trailing after me.

When I reach the kitchen, Brad is leaning against the counter popping a grape into his mouth.

"Brad, what are you doing here?" I greet the boy with a light kiss and wrap my arms around his torso.

"I'm driving you to school." He replies and my smile grows.

"You don't have to-"

"It's your first day, I have a car and a license, I'm your boyfriend, so I don't want to hear any arguments. And schools starts in 15 minutes so we better get going." He says and I nod, still smiling at his sweetness as I clutch Brad's hand and head for the door.

"Wait, what about me?" Amy pipes up.

"Argh, sorry Ames there's only two seats - I forgot." Brad curses under his breath and I know he is genuinely sorry, although Amy doesn't look as though she believes him.

"It's fine..." She mumbles, crossing her arms in a huff.

"I'll see you at school though, yeah?" I ask and she nods.

Brad and I resume our walk out to his shiny new sports car.

I find myself staring at the bright red beauty for so long that only Brad's voice brings me back to earth.

"You getting in?" He chuckles cutely, starting the ignition.

"Um... yeah." I laugh softly, climbing in and fastening my seatbelt in the passenger side.

"So, you nervous?" He asks, eyes fixed on the road ahead as we turn the corner at the end of the street.

"Yes." I admit, smiling sheepishly.

"Dont be, you're fine with me." He assures me with a wide grin which I instantly return.

---------

We step inside the school building and the first thing I notice is how short the girls shorts are. Their asses are hanging out of the bottom, their cropped tops far too tight and their gigantic heels clip-clopping against the floor as they strut along. It makes me feel like a prude (which, frankly, I am) in my appropriate-lengthed denim shorts, loosely fitting long sleeve pink top and tan sandals.

"Don't worry, those girls are all sluts. You don't want to be like them." Brad mumbles in my ear, noticing my discomfort.

I nod, not removing my eyes from the endless amount of girls passing through the hallway, each young ladies outfit even more revealing then the first.

"Simps, hey mate!" A masculine voice greets and I look up to see a black-haired, brown-eyed, muscular boy greeting Brad with a nickname and a slap on the back.

"Hey Charlie." Brad chuckles.

"Whose the hot piece of ass we got over here?" Charlie grins at me, slapping my ass hard and I instinctively jump closer to Brad, who is now extremely tense.