*Anti-void, Aprx Day 70

It was the silence which had at first disturbed the small skeleton. That, and the bleak whiteness which stretched forth on all ends was greatly disconcerting. Today however, he won't let anything dampen his spirits. At last, after their strange correspondence, he would once again be graced with the presence of another living soul! Sans had already set the puppets in a row, each one sitting upright and leaning against their partner for support as he remained where he was, seated before them while he awaited his captor's return.

The serenity of the moment lasted a while longer before the hiss of static permeated throughout the white void, soon accompanied by the flickering of panels as a portal emerged from its yet spreading and glitching edges. Sans hesitated for a moment before he stood, just in time to greet the darkened skeleton which emerged from the rift. He froze as the other's gaze settled upon him and Sans couldn't help but to glance away as his taller counterpart stepped through, the portal glitching all the more before it was fully closed and left them both in the impenetrable silence.

The contrast between Error and his home was quite impressive, if not a bit shocking to behold. Sans found it a bit difficult to quickly adjust to seeing both inky blackness and blinding white all at once, which made the anti-void stand out all the more. Neither of them spoke, and Error frowned slightly at this. Wasn't the other happy that he returned? He sounded desperate enough during their exchange. A few moments of continued silence  came to pass between the pair before the darkened skeleton ventured to break it, observing the other.

"You asked me to come back."

The sudden and nonchalant statement startled his smaller counterpart who blinked, uncertain as to how to react. "I... Y-Yes, I did. Um, welcome back...?"

Error looked the other over before making his way past him, soon losing interest in his alternate once he noticed the puppets. "You've been busy." Sans visibly tensed at this and took a small step off to the side as his darkened counterpart passed him by, managing a quick smile.

"Well, you know! Not much else I can really do here by myself..." The taller skeleton nodded, straightening the leaning puppets until each one sat erect, carefully balanced and relying on its own strength to do so. He sat down nearby the small train, a single wave of his hand tearing open a window to the multiverse as he simply leaned back and turned the whole of his attention upon it.

The small skeleton approached the other after a brief moment of hesitation, his smile a bit awkward as he glanced at the window and back to Error again. "Can I join you?" The other didn't spare a glance his way. Sans bit his tongue, looking off into the anti-void before he stepped closer, trying again. "Um, is it okay if I joi-"

"Heard you the first time."

The other coldly cut him off and Sans fell silent, fumbling with his gloves. "So, would it be alright then?"

Error still wasn't looking at him. "What do you think?"

The smaller alternate nearly tugged his gloves off. "I guess that's a no?" When no response was given in return, Sans sighed softly and turned to leave the other to his strange, glitching panel but was stopped shortly in his tracks by a single strand of blue string which wrapped itself around his soul.

"C'mere." Error gave the string a small tug, causing the other to wince.

"I thought you didn't want me to-"

"Nevermind what you thought. Come here."

He didn't have to say it a third time. Sans immediately turned back and was soon standing by the darkened skeleton's side, glancing at the window and back at him uncertainly. Error looked up, expression unreadable as he studied the other which only increased the smaller one's discomfort. "What is it...?" Error spoke not a word for a while yet, leaving his captive to stew in the uneasy quiet of the white void.

Threadbare: An Errorberry FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara