*[REDACTED], Day 1???

The stars shone overhead as two skeletons stepped out of a portal which had opened up a little ways off. Error led the other into the universe, his gait slowing as if to allow the other time to catch up to him.

"This world is nearly gone
The stars are shining on
Yet there's one place here left to see"

The darkened skeleton gestured to the clearing, luminescent with its echo flowers and glowing puddles of light.

"We came upon a view-
Remaining but a few
What a shame that the kid here had to lose"

And it really was, poor child. They and all the monsters in the universe had their souls shattered, with the exception of the child's who was currently left hanging in the anti-void.

"Some other time and I
Would have been rid of this night
But now there's only you and I
And we have a shot"

Error grinned, stepping forward to grab the other skeleton's hands, clasping them in his own.

"This can finally be
You're the type for me
With the stars all in sight
This is really a lovely night"

Sans blinked, surprised by this but his expression soon shifted to one of annoyance as he grimaced and yanked his hands away.

"You say there's something here
Now let's make something clear
I think I'd be the one to make that call"

The small skeleton strode past the other who followed, gesturing to the flowers and puddles in turn.

"And though this sight is cool
With its flowers and its pools
You're wrong, I won't fall for you at all"

He strolled on, casting his darkened counterpart a pointed look.

"Perhaps it could appeal
If you hadn't kept me in fear
Over my safety and my life
There's no chance for romance"

The small skeleton seated himself upon a flat stone, crossing his arms as he turned away from the other.

"So, I'm frankly feeling nothing"

Error frowned and joined him, sitting beside him on the same stone.

"Is that so?"

Sans nodded and kept his gaze averted.

"Or it could be less than nothing"

The darkened skeleton growled, next response being a sarcastic one.

"Good to know, why don't you agree-"

The smaller alternate cut him off at once.

"The night,"

Their voices joined as their gazes met, both their eyes narrowed.

"-Really is a lovely sight"

The two turned away from each other, facing the same direction. Sans began adjusting one of his gloves as Error reached over and tried to untie his bandanna. The small skeleton glared and retied it again, his darkened counterpart smirking and drawing his hand back. Sans rolled his eyes and started on the other glove as Error imitated his movements.

The small skeleton jumped upon realizing this and the other feigned innocence as he turned back to his glove, standing to sit on the otherside of the stone and poked his cheekbone. Sans slapped his hand away and slid to the other side as Error did so as well, pulling his bandanna lose and held it upright with a smirk. The small skeleton snatched it from him and began to retie it as the darkened skeleton leapt up.

"Well, time to head back." He held a hand to the other who had his bandanna tied securely again and reluctantly took his hand, following his darkened counterpart as he led them both through the clearing and in through the portal, closing it once they were through and left the universe silent and empty, as if no one had once resided there nor ever will.