Anastasia Lucendent Adela

A/N: Wow so I haven't had an Anastasia chapter in a while! I also haven't updated this story recently so I promise I will try to get more updates in!

I cooled myself with an elaborately decorated hand fan as the princes lined up in front of their designated targets. In all honesty, the curly designs of the fan were far more interesting than the trial, and it took all my efforts to look away to them.

Some of the princes still seemed unable to pull their eyes off of me, as if I were a prize they have never seen before.

When I entered, the crowed had roared in applause, and I was happy to receive such a response to my presence.

All of the princes were practically drooling over my appearance today which, to my slight embarrassment, was very satisfying. Why shouldn't they be in awe of their future ruler? Of the young woman they so desire to attain.

I am wearing a dress of sky blue, with sleeves that went to my elbows and elegant silk gloves to cover the rest of my exposed skin. The dress was fitted to show off my curves, and the pretty dip of the neckline showed off as much as allowed. I partly wondered if that might be the princes favorite part. My hair was up in an delicate side bun, and ringlets framed my face, weighed down under the diamonds of my favorite tiara.

  It was warm today, which had mildly surprised me since winter was approaching, but it never got very cold in the Five Kingdoms to begin with.

James always loved this time between summer and winter when the weather was so nice. It was always the most ideal time to spend outside, and we spent every chance we could in the meadows. The thought made me sad, and I try to push it out of my mind.

I watched as my maids handed three silver throwing knives to each of the princes. They completed the task with dutifully interest, but I caught several side glances from each of them.

  Arthur nodded as Sara explained something to him, and I watched curiously the way he smiled when she leaned in and whispered something to him.

I watched him laugh and I was surprised at how happy the sight made me. He always had an air of sadness around him that made me wonder how much he uses his laugh. I like the sound of it. I hope I hear it more often.

  He chose that moment to glance over at me and caught me staring. I blush and turn away, but before I do I caught him give me a wink. The gesture caused me to become quite flustered. My father caught my gaze shortly after this and nodded, a signal that I could stand and announce another step in the trials.

My throne was seated on a high platform with a canopy tent to shade me from the sun. From the position I could easily see across the set up of the First Trial.My family had their own thrones on another shaded platform to the side of my own.

  The point of us separating was to represent their support of me making my own decisions.

In reality it just made me quite lonely sitting by myself.

Most of the Kingdom was gathered in a wide circle around the princes and my throne, creating a sort of arch around the training grounds.

I take a deep breath and stand. Mother pointed to the smile on her face to remind me to keep a fake smile plastered on my own. The Five Kingdoms is watching.

"My kingdom," I begin in a projected voice that rolls over the audience. The crowd erupted into applause and shouts at my voice. I smiled graciously and waited for their voices to quiet. When they do I continue, "I thank each and every one of you for coming to witness this moment in our Kingdom's history." I recited my lines from memory as if they were written on the back of my brain.