Rory

I was sat on the couch, in 1940 New York, having just gotten the mail from the box. "Amy!" I call out, looking uncertainly at the TARDIS blue envelope. We'd recieved one of these before. Before we died. She runs over. "What? What is it?" she asks, her red hair pulled up in a ponytail. It's been six months since we saw the Doctor. Life has been pretty good, even with us adjusting to life without all the technology we were used to. "Do you think it's from him?" I asked her hoarsely. She smiled slightly, her eyes wet. "Who else would send a TARDIS blye envelope?" she retorts. My brow furrows. "The last time he spoke to you he told you he could never see you again," I point out. She rolls her eyes. "Rory, with the Doctor, 'never' doesn't always mean 'never'." I nod. "Yeah, yeah, good point. What if it isn't actually from him though?"

     "We'll never know if we don't go." I look at the words written on it in a slanting hand. It read "Central Park, 9:00pm, March 27th, 1940." That was, of course, tonight. "Amy, if we go, I'm taking my gun. Just in case it's a trick," I said, looking up at her, unsure. She nodded. "I understand. We did buy it so you could use it." I stood up and kissed her cheek. "Get ready. We've just enough time to get ready before we go." She nodded and left, going upstairs to our bedroom.

     After we'd both changed into better clothes, and I'd grabbed my gun, I hid it under my coat, took her hand, we walked to Central Park. Just as we turned the corner we heard the familiar wheeze of the engines. Tears spilled over from Amy's eyes as she grinned, and my eyes were a little watery too as the man stepped out. I let go of her hand as she ran to him, throwing her arms around his neck. When she finally let him go, I gave him a hug of my own. "Still wearing the bow-tie, I see," Amy said, wiping her eyes. The Doctor smiled. "Of course. Bow-ties are cool." 

     "Well?" I asked, after a moment of us just standing there taking him in. "Well what, Rory?" the Doctor asked, looking slightly confused. I rolled my eyes. "You know bloody well what! You told us you'd never see us again, and here you are!" I said, pointedly refraining from shouting. He grinned. "Ah, well, your death is still a fixed point in time, so you'll have to die here, but I say a few more adventures won't hurt!" I rolled my eyes. "Just like you," I mutter grinning. "So what's the adventure this time?" Amy asks, crossing her arms and leaning against the TARDIS. The Doctor frowns. "Well, I seem ot have ran into a snag and I need your help, Ponds," he said.

    "As usual," she remarked. "What's the problem?" she asked, walking inside the TARDIS. I followed her, and the Doctor followed us. He'd majorly redecorated, though I didn't say anything, waiting on his reply. "Well, Amy, it's a bit...complicated. You see, six days ao I recieved a message from a dalek fleet," he said, reaching up and pulling a small screen around the TARDIS console. He pressed a play button and a video began playing of a young girl shooting three children. I backed away, and Amy's hand covered her mouth. "Oh my god," I whispered. The Doctor looked grim.

     "Oh my god, indeed," he said softly. "Along with the transmission I recieved this DNA report." He showed it to us. I understood it fairly well, due to my training, but the information just couldn't process for me. Obviously, it did for Amy because her mouth dropped open. "Doctor?" I asked, feeling like an idiot. "It's a DNA report for someone with Time Lord DNA and human DNA." 

     "But I thought River was the only one with that combination?" Amy asked. The Doctor sighed. "This DNA is different. It's an equal mix of Time Lord and human, not just a smidge of Time Lord, like River has."  I had a bad feeling in my stomach. "What does that mean?" I asked him. He took a moment before answering, so I knew it must be something big. I hoped it wasn't what I was thinking it was.

     "It means that somehow the daleks managed to aquire a child of mine and River's." I groaned inwardly; it was what I'd been thinking. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go get her," Amy said, laying the file on the console. "We aren't going to go get her because it's not that simple, Amy," he replied. Amy stomped her foot. "I don't care! This is my grandchild we're talking about!" she yelled. "There is no way of knowing whether the child is still alive or not!" he said quietly. I thought it was time to step in, putting my hand on Amy's shoulder. "This is our grandchild, and your child, Doctor. Amy and I don't care if it's a trap, and you shouldn't either," I said, trying to calm them both. Amy sniffled, holding back tears. "We're going after this girl, and if she's alive, we will save her," Amy said quietly. The Doctor smiled at us, and leaned forward and kissed Amy's forehead before clapping me on the shoulder.

     "Well, friends, it seems that I'm outvoted. We'll have to make one more stop before we go to the fleet, I'm afraid," he said. Amy crossed her arms again, her eyes drying a little. "Why's that?" she asked.  The Doctor smiled and turned towards the console. "Well, I think River would like to know she has a daughter in the middle of the dalek fleet, wouldn't you say?" he said, flicking a few switches. We took off with a shudder, and it wasn't long until we landed. The door opened as the Doctor turned around with a flourish, and River walked in. "What's the occasion?" she asked, smiling. 

     "River, you and I have a child. She's in the middle of a dalek fleet," the Doctor said, handing her the file. River flipped it open, reading it quickly. "Well, whatever are we waiting for? Let's go get her." The Doctor turned around, smiled slightly, and we took off to save my granddaughter, if she was even alive. Even though I wasn't religious at all, I closed my eyes and began to pray.