Chapter 18

~Asher's POV~

"Aaassshhheeerrrrrrrrr...."

What?

"Play with meeeeee!" I huffed, turning away from the small, multicolored cube in front of me to look at the boy.

He had grown in the time we've been here, his skinny body healthily proportioning itself with proper nutriment and care. It seemed that he enjoyed it here. Children from the other pack members would always come over, however, today, there wasn't anyone to distract him.

What do you want to play? His eyes lit up.

"Cops and robbers!"

I looked back to the cube with a sigh. I was entertaining myself, seeing how fast I could solve it. So far I had gotten the sides one color in less than three minutes. My present goal was to do it under a minute, but I suppose that could wait.

I stood up, Fallon cheering and racing out of the room.

Wait! I don't know how to play!

I chased after him but it only seemed to egg him on. Giggling, he ran throughout the house. Had it not been for his inability to keep quiet, he probably would have escaped me.

Got. You. I sung, a devious grin appearing as I cornered him in Kade's bedroom. I was a foot away when I felt him approach.

"Hmmm, what's going on here...?"

"KADE! HELP MEEEEEEE!!!" I cringed at Fallon's screech. Before I could react, strong arms wrapped around me, pinning me to an equally strong body.

"RUN FALLON, RUNNNNNNN!!!" Kade yelled, his voice taking on a strange accent.

I watched the mop of blonde hair disappear from the room. I struggled, but his loud footfalls quickly disappeared.

Nooo! He's getting away!

Kade only laughed and tightened his hold on me. His head dipped to the crook of my neck, lips pressing against my skin. A shudder passed through me and I ceased my struggling.

Kade seemed to sense something, his arms relaxing slightly as his tongue darted out. Our bodies welded themselves together, enjoying the contact. His hand came up to cup my cheek, turning my head to kiss me.

"GUYS! You stopped playing!"

We jumped, separating to see a very offended Fallon standing in the doorway, hands on his hips, ever the diva. He was more annoyed than surprised to see us behaving so intimately. I chuckled, walking over to ruffle his hair.

Sorry Fallon, Kade distracted me. Hey, how about we go get some food?

He looked like he wanted to argue, his brows furrowing. In the end he just shrugged, his frown turning into a smile. I stuck my tongue out at Kade before following the pup downstairs. On the way, I grabbed the cube I'd left.

Eric, who had come back from the UK, as well as Jasper, were eating when we entered. Though I was somewhat hesitant around the Alpha, I didn't fear him. He was, in fact, quite kind and didn't get loud like the other males and even some of the females. I probably liked him because he commanded authority without instilling fear the most. He was worthy of his position.

"Why, thank you Asher." I stared at Eric in confusion before it dawned on me. Instantly my face warmed, making his smile grow wider.

Instead of addressing it, I sat on a stool, giving Fallon, who was digging through the fridge as Jasper fretted from afar, a glance before turning back to the puzzle in hand.