Epilogue

~Kade's POV~

Asher had been acting weird. It started after Riley and Fallon confronted Murphy. At first, I had thought that he was angry at me letting them do it. When I went to him, about to explain that I had warriors surrounding the area as well as disguised as prisoners, he simply said he wasn't angry at all. With anyone else, I would have probably doubted them, but with Asher, I knew he told the truth. That left me even more confused though.

If it wasn't that he was angry about Murphy, then what? 

Honestly, as the weeks progressed, I was getting more and more suspicious. I couldn't prove anything, but he was deliberately avoiding me for the majority of the day. It was frustrating. I even went and asked everyone, but they knew nothing. They even told me I was the one acting weird!

As hard as I might try not to doubt him, my mind kept going back to one thought: was he cheating on me? 

That single question kept going through my head as I sat at my desk, holding a piece of paperwork that I wasn't actually reading. I was too stressed to actually do any work. The more I thought about it, the more bitter I became. 

I snapped my head up when I heard a cough. I glared at Thalia as she stood there with her hand on her hip. She arched an eyebrow, gesturing to the paper in my hand, and I realized I'd crumpled it. 

"What do you want?" It came out almost a growl. Was she the one... no, Gunnar was her mate. Then again, I was Asher's and he still might be cheating on---

"Jesus fucking Christ, Kade. He's not cheating on you."

I stared wide eyed as she threw her hands up. "What?"

She let out a frustrated sigh, "I said he's not cheating on you dumbass. He's been hanging out with Rory."

I tensed, a growl rumbling in my chest, "That doesn't mean anything."

She gave me the 'are you really that stupid' look before sitting down. "Okay, if he was---which he would never do because he thinks the world of you---you'd feel it. Plus, Rory wouldn't ever do that. Honestly, I've never even seen him with anyone since we were all in high school."

I thought about it, nodding my head. Frowning, I felt my cheeks heat up. Of course Asher would never do something like that. And she was right that'd I'd feel it if he did. Rory was like a brother to me and wouldn't betray me like that. I really was stupid.

"Sorry Thalia," I mumbled, "I shouldn't have snapped at you."

"No," She wagged her finger at me, "You shouldn't have ever doubted your mate. Jeez, Kade."

I sighed, rolling out the tension in my shoulders as I leaned back in my chair.

"So what did you come here for?"

She smiled wickedly and I suddenly regretted the question. Who knew what she was going to say? I wouldn't put it past her to say that she just slaughtered a whole group of rogues and skinned them alive. Don't get me wrong. Thalia was great and a wonderful person, but she was dangerous and sometimes you wondered about her sanity. Not that I'd have her any other way. What she did say, shocked me.

"I'm pregnant."

My mouth dropped open and I almost fell out of my seat. "Seriously?! That's great!"

"Yeah," She lit up, a beautiful smile on her face, "Only you, my sister, and Eric know and you can't tell anyone. I plan on surprising Gunnar as a Christmas present."

"How far along are you?" I was bummed I couldn't spread the word, but Gunnar was going to love his Christmas present. I was happy for them.

"Oh not that far. I went to a human doctor in town and he said I was about two weeks."