Chapter Twenty-Five - Release the Beast

Jack tries harder than he ever has before to get away from the boss. He yanks at the restraints that hold his hands over his head, attempting to free himself but to no avail. Anti's laughter echoes through his head like the ring of a bell.

"Fuck off!" Jack screams, shutting his eyes. He wants so desperately to cover his ears and cower, but he can't.  Nothing can save him from the beast inside.  The boss strides towards him and tears off the eyepatch with one swift movement, the white cloth landing on the floor with a soft thump.  

Anti's cool, dangerous voice fills the room almost immediately.  "Oh, it's good to be free."

A cold smile pulls at the edges of the boss' lips.  "I need information. Seán won't give it to me."

"I would love to help." The monster laughs.  He pauses, listening to seemingly nothing.  "He's screaming at me not to, but why would I listen to him?"

"Good."  The boss sighs, a sense of victory filling his chest.  "What is the name of the hero who was with Seán the night of his return?"

Anti's eyes and grin both widen as he sways back and forth with the chains. "Ooh, that's my little puppet! His name is-"

Before he can finish, his eyes flash back to their regular colours.

"Shut up!" Jack's voice screams. In an instant, he's gone again.

Anti scowls. "He's really fighting this time..."  His sadistic smile returns.  "Anyway, the hero's name is Mark.  He's got tanner skin, dyed red hair, dark eyes..."

The boss smiles and scribbles some notes onto his clipboard.  He whispers something to the two men, who nod once and exit the room.

"Where are they going?" Anti asks, fluttering his eyelashes innocently. "If they're going to find Mark, I would love to come so I could smash him into the ground again."

"Don't worry about them," the boss answers. Instantly, the monster scowls.

"Of course, you use me for my knowledge but don't tell me what you'll do with it! How rude."

"You will know when they return. For now, more questions. Did Jack ever try to escape Curatrix? What went on while he was there?"

Anti cackles, the sound blood-curdling and cold. The laugh turns into a shriek, making even the boss step back.

"He never even tried to leave! He loved it there! That stupid, bloody hero got all comfortable with him and even helped him sleep! They didn't even torture him, they just tried to find a cure for ME!" The monster grows more crazed. "DO YOU THINK THERE'S A CURE FOR THIS?"

The man watches as Anti dissolves into giggles, rocking back and forth and using his chains to swing himself around. The boss' pen scratches across his papers for a moment before he sits down in his chair. Anti examines him, his head tilted to the side.

"Are you gonna kill the fight in little ol' Jackaboy?"

The boss doesn't even look up.  "Yes. His powers are strong but his loyalty is weak, and that is something that must change."

"His fight will die with Mark."

This makes the man look up, his eyebrow raised. "I didn't expect to hear words like that from my monster."

Anti smirks. "Who said I was your monster? I'm Jack's monster!" He spreads his arms, doing his best to gesture to all of him. "I'm the embodiment of everything in him that's evil!"

The boss hushes him as he continues to write on his papers. Anti whines.

"Do I frighten you, Boss?" His words are singsongy and quiet as he eyes the man sitting across from him.

"No."

A/N: Bit of a shorter chapter.  I've got something big planned for the next part, so buckle in.