Gandalf the Grey

Saphira's POV

I was out hunting when Haldir came to take be back as Lady Galadriel wanted to speak to me. For the last 900 hundred years I have lived in Lothlorien being raised by Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn. I know my mother sent me here when I was born and that I have a father & brother. That one day someone will come to return me to them. But I am starting to lose hope of seeing my family ever again. Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn have been wonderful as has Lord Elrond when I was in Rivendell. I just miss the family I never got to know.

Sure they told me how look just like my mother and have her singing voice. That I am just as skilled with a bow and tracking as my brother. Even that I have my fathers temper sometimes and his determination. But I was never told their names or where they live (lived for my mum).

Haldir lead me Galadriel's garden where she was speaking to an old man. He had a long beard, staff, grey pointy hat and grey robes. I recognize him as Gandalf the Grey, Celeborn had told me of him before. "You asked for me" I say announcing my presence.

They both turned to me and Gandalf looked at me in shock. "I knew she looked like her mother" he states walking over to me. "But I did expect them to look practically identical. Of course it makes sense her brother looks just like their father. I am Gandalf the Grey and it is an honour to met you Princess Saphira" he says introducing himself.

"Please call me Saphira, Lord Celeborn speaks very highly of you Gandalf" I tell him curtsying.

"Saphira it is time for you to return home" Galadriel tells me with sadness in her eyes.

"You mean I am finally going to see my Brother and Father?" I ask in excitement and she nods her head.

"I will be taking you there on a quest I am taking to a mountain near your father's realm" Gandalf tells me. "We will leave at first light, but we will head to the Shire first then Rivendell before heading to your father's realm" Gandalf explains. Celeborn then walked into the garden and I ran to hug him.

"I am finally going to met my brother and father. Thank you for everything you've done for me" I tell him crying a little. I then hugged Galadriel saying "you will always be my mother and Celeborn a second father. No matter where I go this place will always be my first home" I tell her pulling away. "I must go pack light" I tell them before waving goodbye heading to my room.

(next day)

I had everything I needed packed in my leather knapsack. I changed into more comfortable traveling clothes with my bow and arrows. I could use a sword, but preferred my bow and do not have a sword of my own. I put on the cloak Celeborn had given me he said it would protect me from unfriendly eyes. I had my mother's crown in my bag and my necklace from Galadriel around my neck.

 I had my mother's crown in my bag and my necklace from Galadriel around my neck

I met Gandalf at the gate where Galadriel and Celeborn were waiting to say goodbye

I met Gandalf at the gate where Galadriel and Celeborn were waiting to say goodbye. "Take care Saphira and know you are always welcome here" Celeborn tells me when I reached them. Galadriel then let out a low whistle and the sound of hooves approaching were heard. I turned and saw the most beautiful white mare I had ever seen in my life.

"This is Bella and she is yours" Galadriel said leading the mare over to me by it's reins.

"Thank you Galadriel, she is beautiful and  can tell she is as strong as she is fast" I say patting the mare's neck as she neighed quietly. A bond formed between us that only happens once with an elf and there horse. Sure we can ride other horses, but only one will ever be our true horse and Bella just became mine.

"Thank you both for everything you have done I'll keep in contact" I promise them mounting Bella. I rode over to Gandalf who bid Galadriel and Celeborn farewell promising to protect me until I reached my father's realm. He then lead the way out of Lothlorien towards the Shire.

"The dwarves will meet us in the Shire" Gandalf told me before galloping away. I followed making Bella gallop also loving the feeling of wind through my hair. It would take us a couple days to reach the Shire as Gandalf needs his rest unlike me.

A/N

Picture of Gandalf above and of Saphira's traveling outfit, leather knapsack & crystal necklace in chapter.