Thorin Oakenshield

Saphira's POV

I went to grab the bowl I had put aside for Thorin along with a plate of rolls. Then grabbed a mug of ale placing it beside the bowl. Gandalf lead him inside and I gestured to the food I had prepared. Thorin sat down and began to ate greeting all the other dwarves. Turns out Fili and Kili were his sister's sons which made them his nephews.

It was time to introduce myself as I heard Gandalf tell Thorin about another member joining them besides Bilbo. "King Thorin I am Lady Saphira and am honored to met you" I say curtsying.  "I promise not to get in your way and to protect you all with my life" I tell him.

"You're an elf" he states sending Gandalf an angry look. "Why is she coming?" Thorin demands.

"Gandalf is taking me back to my father, which is apparently on the way to where you are going. I don't want anything from you Thorin, only wish to be reunited with my family" I tell him.

"Can you defend yourself?" Thorin asks me.

"Yes, I have a bow and arrows & can also use a sword if needed" I tell him.

"Very well, you may come along and thank you for the food" he says as he finish eating. "Now how do we get into the mountain? The door in blocked" he asks turning to Gandalf.

Gandalf took out a pouch from his cloak and gave it to Thorin. He took out a key and an old map that was written in old elvish. "Your father left this in my position, it is time it was returned to you" Gandalf tells Thorin. "The map shows the way to an other door that the key will unlock" he explains.

"So there's an other way in?" Kili asks.

"Yes but dwarf doors are invisible when closed" Fili tells Kili.

"What does the writing say?" Thorin asks Gandalf and Balin.

"It is written in elvish" Balin states looking at it.

"I don't know want it says, but there is someone who can help us read it. Your father told me it would say when the will reveal itself" Gandalf explains. All the dwarves turned to me.

"I am sorry it is written in the old tongue and history isn't my strong suit. Only an elf like Lord Elrond could read it" I tell them.

"I will not go anywhere near Rivendell" Thorin tells me sternly. "Now the dragon may still be in Erebor sleeping" he states. "We'll need someone to sneak pass him to get the stone if he is there" Thorin says as he pulled out a map of Erebor.

"An expert I'd imagine" Bilbo says as he looked at the map.

"And are you?" Thorin asks him turning to face Bilbo.

"Me..." Bilbo says confused.

"He says he's an expert" Dwalin said and the dwarves laughed. on the journey.

"His not burglar material" Thorin said.

"If I say Bilbo Baggins is burglar and then his a burglar. Hobbits are light of their feet and can go through places unnoticed easily. The dragon knows the scent of dwarf, but not hobbit. Which gives us an advantage" Gandalf tells the dwarves slightly angry.

"Very well, we'll do your way Gandalf give him the contract" Thorin tells Balin.

While Bilbo tried to protest Balin gave him the contract explaining its contents. Like the duration of his stay in the company and funeral arrangements. Bilbo looked worried at that and took it. He unrolled it and began to read it as Thorin stood up himself. "I can't guarantee his safety nor will I be responsible for him" he tells Gandalf.

"Agreed" Gandalf tells him quietly. Bilbo was reading the contract out loud. He would get a fourteenth share of the treasure in Erebor. How the company would not be hold responsible for any injuries he'd get on the journey.

"Incineration?" Bilbo asks turning back to the dwarves. I just leaned against a wall watching everything unfold. It wasn't any of my business.

"Aye melt the flesh right off your bones in a blink of an eye" Bofur tells Bilbo. Who started to look light headed as one of the others asked if he was ok. Bilbo said he was fine even though he didn't look fine. "Think furnace with wings" Bofur tells him which wasn't helping at all. "Flash of light, siring pain and then you're nothing but a pile of ash" he explains.

"Yeah, nope" Bilbo says before fainting, but I managed to catch him. I had been heading towards him ever since Bofur started to talk.

"Oh that was a great help Bofur, Saphira please put him on the couch" Gandalf says. I do as I was told and then went back to leaning against the wall. When Bilbo woke up Gandalf and him started to argue. The dwarves just drunk their ale while I decided to go check on Bella before resting.

"It appears we have lost our burglar" Balin said as Bilbo went to his room.

"I wouldn't count him out just yet" I tell Balin. "Bilbo will come with us tomorrow" I state and went outside. Bella was already asleep so I went back inside to rest myself for the long journey ahead.

A/N

Gif above of Thorin eating