Mountain and Goblins

Saphira's POV

It was raining as we made our way along a cliff side in the misty mountains. Bilbo and I were in the middle of the single file line. When the mountains started to move on their own. "This is no thunder storm it is a battle of stone giants, real stone giants!" one of the dwarves yelled. We then got separated into two groups some of us on the cliff face and others on a stone giant.

"Hang on!" I yell to the dwarves on the stone giant. "Guys you gotta jump" I tell them as a giant started falling our way. They made it and we started to go faster along the cliff side. When one of the giants throw a rock at us and we survived it. But we had lost Bilbo when I saw him hanging on the edge of the cliff.

I grabbed some rope and my knife tying them together. I stuck the knife into the mountain and swung down to Bilbo. He had started to fall as I grabbed his arm and passed him to the dwarves above who pulled him up. Just then I felt the knife start to give way and tried to grab the ledge.

But I was to late and started to fall when Thorin grabbed my out stretched arm pulling me back up. As I out the knife and rope away one the dwarves was saying that they nearly lost their burglar. "His been lost since he left the Shire, there no place for him here" Thorin stated and then lead us through the mountain.

Bilbo stayed close to me and I tried tell him Thorin didn't mean what he said. But he just walked beside me quietly. We soon came across a cave, Thorin went inside with Dwalin to check it out. They said it was clear and we all went in setting up our bed rolls. When Thorin said we would continue on tomorrow I got confused.

"I thought the plan was to wait for Gandalf" Bilbo and I say together.

"Plans change" Thorin told us and had Bofur keep watch while we slept. My bed roll was near Thorin's tonight. But I doubt I'll get any sleep and I had feeling Bilbo might leave. However, I was really tired and ended up falling asleep.

(later that night)

I woke up to the sound of small footsteps heading towards the cave entrance. "Where are you going?" I heard Bofur ask someone.

"Back to Rivendell" I heard Bilbo's voice answer. I opened my eyes a little and saw Thorin was also listening to the conversation. Just as Bilbo was about to leave there was aloud cracking sound. The floor disappeared under us as we fell deeper into the mountain. Luckily no one landed on me, but the dwarves all landed on top of each other.

Just then a bunch of goblins surrounded us and I went for my sword. But it wasn't enough and we were caught by the goblins even though I killed several before I was restrained. They disarmed me as I watched Bilbo slip away and smiled. We were taken away and brought before the ugliest goblin I had ever seen who was wearing a crown.

"Dwarves and a she-elf" a goblin told the one with the crown. When he asked what we were and where we were found.  That is when the goblin with the crown noticed Thorin.

"Well well well, if isn't Thorin son of Thrain king under the mountain" he stated. "Oh wait you don't have a mountain" he said and all the goblins laughed. "I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head" he tells Thorin. I am glad my hood is up it is protecting me from being noticed even if a Goblin is holding my arm.

"Perhaps you know of who  I speak an old enemy of yours" he stated. I decided to call him Goblin King as the other goblins seem to follow him and he has that ridiculous crown. "The pale orc that rides a white warg" he stated.

"Azog the Defiler, was destroyed " Thorin said looking at the Goblin King. "He was slain in battle long ago" he tells the King.

"So you think his defiling days are done?" the Goblin King asks Thorin. "Send word to the pale orc" he tells one of his smaller followers who writes something down.  "Tell him I have found his prize" he tells the smaller goblin who nods his head before leaving. Just then one of the other goblins pulls Thorin's sword from it's sheath.

He throws it down screaming and the king looks at it. He backs away saying he knew that sword and that it was a goblin cleaver.  "Kill them, kill them all" he orders his followers. Just as they started to attack there was bright blinding light. It blasts the goblins away from us and I took back my weapons.

"Take up your arms, fight" Gandalf told the dwarves as I started killing every goblin in sight. The dwarves grabbed their weapons and started killing the goblins. I fought along side Gandalf who used his new sword. "Follow me, come" Gandalf tells us and starts leading us away from the goblins.

We ran for awhile killing all the goblins in our path. Until we were blocked by the goblin king on the bridge. The other goblins closed in behind us while others stood behind him blocking our escape. Gandalf and the king fought until Gandalf killed him.

But then the bridge started to give way under our feet. "Hold on" I tell the others as I grabbed onto the railing as we fell deeper into the mountain. We landed safely and again I wasn't crushed by dwarves. But we were all cover in wood planks, Gandalf freed himself then me. The dwarves freed themselves then we followed Gandalf who was leading us to daylight. Where we would be safe from the swarm of angry goblins behind us.

We made it out of there and ran through the forest. When we released we weren't being followed we stopped to catch our breath. I went around checking wounds as Gandalf counted to make sure we were all here. "Where's the hobbit? Where is Bilbo?" he asks after he finished counting.

A/N

Video above of Bofur & Bilbo's conversation and gif of stone giant preparing to throw rock