Rivendell

Saphira's POV

As soon as we reached Rivendell I saw that Gandalf and the others had made it there safely first. The dwarves had surrounded Bilbo to protect him as we rode into the court yard. "Lindir how are you?" I ask getting off of Bella as he walked over to greet me.

"I am well Princess Saphira" he says and we greet each other. A stable hand took Bella to feed her and brush her down. A elf maiden then took me to my room so that I could clean up and change into something suitable for dinner.

When I got out there was a dark blue dress waiting for me. I put it on and dried my hair before brushing it. Then left it down for dinner as a guard escorted to the court yard where food was waiting. Lindir pulled out a seat for me on Elrond's left hand side as Gandalf was on his right. I gave Elrond my sword and he looked at it before speaking. "This is an ancient blade built by the high elves your kin" he states. "It's in the common tongue it is called Dragonair it was used by dragon riders when there were any. But they are now only legends, the last ones died over 2 thousand years ago" he explains.

Elrond gave it back to me and I leaned it against the table before eating. The dwarves were wondering where the meat was and I decide to sneak into the kitchen later to get them some. Gandalf then showed Elrond his and Thorin's blades. Elrond gave Thorin's back to him telling to use it well.

The dwarves were getting annoyed with the music thinking they were at a funeral. I found it quiet soothing though. Even though I enjoyed the dwarves songs on the journey so far. I had missed elf music. Bofur then got onto the table and started to sing while the others throw food around the court yard. A piece of food hit the pillar next to Lindir who didn't look amused, while I tried to hold in my laughter.

"There is an inn, a merry old inn
beneath an old grey hill,
And there they brew a beer so brown
That the Man in the Moon himself came down
One night to drink his fill.

The ostler has a tipsy cat
that plays a five-stringed fiddle;
And up and down he runs his bow,
Now squeaking high, now purring low,
Now sawing in the middle.

The landlord keeps a little dog
that is mighty fond of jokes;
When there's good cheer among the guests,
He cocks an ear at all the jests
And laughs until he chokes.

They also keep a hornéd cow
as proud as any queen;
But music turns her head like ale,
And makes her wave her tufted tail
and dance upon the green.

And O! the rows of silver dishes
and the store of silver spoons!
For Sunday there's a special pair,
And these they polish up with care
on Saturday afternoons.

The Man in the Moon was drinking deep,
and the cat began to wail;
A dish and a spoon on the table danced,
The cow in the garden madly pranced,
and the little dog chased his tail.

The Man in the Moon took another mug,
and then rolled beneath his chair;
And there he dozed and dreamed of ale,
Till in the sky the stars were pale,
and dawn was in the air.

Then the ostler said to his tipsy cat:
'The white horses of the Moon,
They neigh and champ their silver bits;
But their master's been and drowned his wits,
and the Sun'll be rising soon!'

So the cat on his fiddle played hey-diddle-diddle,
a jig that would wake the dead:
He squeaked and sawed and quickened the tune,
While the landlord shook the Man in the Moon:
'It's after three!' he said" Bofur finished singing as the other dwarves clapped. Dinner was soon over and Gandalf took Balin & Thorin with him for Elrond to examine the map. I snuck into the kitchen storage area and found some meat.

I found the dwarves in an other court yard around a fire chatting and laughing. "I brought you some meat to cook on the fire" I tell them quietly. They cheered and started cooking the sausages over the fire. When Balin and Thorin returned they had some meat happily while telling the others want Elrond told them.

"Lady Saphira, we well be leaving before dawn tomorrow. Gandalf well be covering for us while we slip away and will meet us in the Misty Mountains" Balin told me. I nodded my head and went to rest after saying goodbye to Bella. I didn't want to risk losing her and knew she'd be safe here in Rivendell.

I got up before dawn and put on my traveling clothes making sure my bag was packed. Also that I had my mother's crown and my weapons. When I reached to where the dwarves were last night they were already ready to leave. We slipped away out of Rivendell heading towards the Misty Mountains.

A/N

Picture of Saphira's dress above and video of dinner in Rivendell above.