Going After the Dwarves and Tauriel

Saphira didn't go to sleep when Thranduil left her in her new room. She went and changed into new fighting clothes she knew Tauriel had left he. Then strapped on her weapons and cloak. She went to make sure Bella was well taken care of and brushed her telling her to stay.

She then snuck out of the stables and went towards the throne room to hear want was going on. She had heard Legolas and Tauriel had returned with an orc after chasing the dwarves. That had escaped down the river in empty wine barrels.

As she reached the corridor that leads to the throne room she saw Tauriel exit it looking both angry and sad. Tauriel had all her weapons with her as she headed towards the front gate. Saphira pulled her behind a column to ask what was happening.

Saphira's POV

"Tauriel want is happening? No one will tell me anything" I ask her.

"The dwarves escaped, but are being followed by thirty orcs with their wargs. The king will not let anyone go after them to kill the orcs. Kili is dying out there from poison" she tells me sadly.

"Then we must go after them and heal Kili" I tell her.

"I am going after them and I know Legolas will follow me when he finds out. You stay hidden and follow him when he follows me" she said sternly.

"Ok, we'll be right behind you" I tell her and she left me standing there. After a few minutes Legolas appeared ordering that the gates be closed. No one was to enter or leave the kingdom on Father's orders.

"My lord want about Tauriel?" one of the guards asked him.

"What about her?" Legolas asks facing the guard.

"She went into the forest armed with blade and bow. She has not yet returned" the guard explained. He pointed in the direction Tauriel took.

"Shut the gate behind me, no one is to enter the kingdom unless it is me or Tauriel" Legolas ordered before heading into the forest. As the guards closed the door I swung through it unnoticed. I then followed Legolas quietly through the trees as he followed Tauriel's tracks.

(about an hour later)

Legolas finally caught up to Tauriel who pointed an arrow at him hearing him step on a twig. I watched Legolas ask Tauriel to come back saying father would forgive her. Also found out Thranduil had practically raised Tauriel for the last 600 hundred years. And that her leaving had betrayed his trust in her.

"I won't forgive myself and neither would Saphira" Tauriel tells Legolas.

"Saphira?" Legolas asked her confused so I jumped down beside her smiling. Legolas was shocked at first and then became angry.

"Now it's time to hunt thirty orcs however kills the most wins" I state and headed towards the lake. When Legolas grabbed my arm tightly, if he held any tighter it'd hurt. "Legolas I know what you are going to say, but they are my friends. They have protected me during my journey back to you and Father. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be here and is time I returned the favor" I tell him.

"Very well, but you stay in my sight at all times" he tells me. I smiled happily as he lead the way towards Lake Town where the dwarves are. By following the orc tracks as Tauriel and I follow him after nodding to each other.

A/N

Picture of Saphira's new fighting outfit above