Orcs and a Dragon

Saphira's POV

We finally reached Lake Town that night and saw orcs heading towards one house in particular. As we got closer I heard the screams of two girls and the shouts of Fili. Tauriel and I went in through the doors killing orcs. While Legolas came in through the roof using his bow.

I got the three children I saw out of the way and stood in front of them blade raised. Killing any orc that dear came near us while observing the room. I saw that Fili, Kili and Oin were still here, but none of the other dwarves or Bilbo. When the orcs released Thorin wasn't here they left.

"You killed them all" the boy said staring at us.

"Not all of them. Saphira, Tauriel come" Legolas said after collecting his arrows.

"I can't go just yet Legolas, Kili is hurt and I was trained by Elrond in healing" I state.

"Very well little sister" Legolas said nodding his head. "Tauriel stay with them, protect my sister" he told her before leaving.

"Tauriel I can handle this go protect my stupid brother" I tell her as Bofur enters the house. I saw kings-foil in his hand and took it from him.

"Legolas gave me orders to protect you" Tauriel stated and sat down by Kili.

"Want are you doing?" the boy asks.

"Saving him" I state pointing to Kili who was sweating. After preparing the kings-foil and placing it on Kili's wound. I began to chant in elvish and a light emitted from my hands. Grabbing a flask I collected the poison as it exited Kili's system. When no more came I corked the flask and cleaned the wound before bandaging it.

"Tauriel" he says softly as he opens his eyes and she smiled at him. I got up and walked over to the sink to wash my hands. Then collected my arrows and cleaned them along with my blade. Just then a roar came from outside and I face Tauriel.

We gathered the dwarves and children before leaving the house. As the dragon started to destroy the town we got into a boat. Rowing away we saw an archer shooting regular arrows at the dragon. But I knew that would not kill it. The children saw the archer and called 'Dad!'.

Just then the bow hoped out of the boat and swam towards the dock. "I protect the others Tauriel" I order her and dove into the water. I soon reached the shore and the boy helped me onto the dock. "You better have a plan" I tell him and he nodded his head lifting up his hand. There I saw a black arrow the only thing that could kill the dragon.

"Get to the watch tower to your father and don't look back" I tell him.

"What will you be doing?" the boy asks.

"Fishing" I say and jumped onto a nearby roof. "Oi pea brain, you can't catch me!" I yell at Smaug the dragon. He turned to face me as I drew 'Dragonair'. "Pick on someone your own size!" I yell at him. This angered him as he headed my way and I ran.

My job was to distract him while the archer and the bow came up with a plan to kill the dragon. Because I had seen that the bow on the watch tower was destroyed by Smaug's tail. I hid behind a chimney thinking I had lost Smaug.

But as I turned to look around the corner I was grabbed from behind by powerful claws. They didn't pierce my skin, but neither were they loose enough for me to move. "Well well well, if it isn't the Princess of Mirkwood" Smaug said as he turned me to face him. "How would your father feel if I killed you now just after meeting you?" he asks.

"Let me go Smaug, I have the Dragonair and you will obey me" I tell him.

"You are no dragon rider and I was not born because of hearing a riders voice" he told me laughing. "I am a true real dragon, which is why I can do this" he says. Smaug then blow warm air over me and I glowed slightly feeling sleepy.

"What have you done?" I ask him tiredly as he flew back towards the watch tower.

"I have made you part dragon, when I kill this archer and you turn in a weeks time. We will mate, it is time I had off spring" he explain.

"I will never allow you to use me that way and neither will my family" I tell him as sternly as i could.

"They will have no opinion when I kill them and you will obey me as I created you" he said as I blacked out.

(No ones POV)

Smaug placed Saphira down where the fire would not reach her. As Bard had his son face him as he armed the arrow at the dragons heart. "What will you do now archer? You can not protect your son" Smaug told him taunting him as he drew nearer.

"Hold still, a little to the left and look at me" bard told his son. Who did as he was told and when the weak spot in Smaug's scale was shown he released to arrow. It soared through the air and buried itself into Smaug's chest has he roared in agony. Smaug was dead before he hit the ground as father and son hugged each other.

"Dad we need to find Saphira, she is an elf with light blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. She was distracting the dragon and I think I saw him place something near our house" bard's son informed him. Together they set out to find the she elf and found her. Bard then carried her as the pair searched for their daughters/sisters.

A/N

Picture of Smaug above