Beginning of the Journey

Saphira's POV

We woke early the following morning and packed our things. I got my bow and arrows before following the dwarves outside with Gandalf. After checking Bella's saddle I mounted her and we set off. Bilbo hadn't arrived yet, but I knew he would join us before we left the Shire.

"I bet 10 coins Bilbo shows up with the contract signed before we leave the Shire and joins the company" I say. Soon everyone was making bets on weather or not he'd show. Only Kili and Gandalf seem to think he'd show. Just as we were about to leave the Shire shouts were heard behind us along with fast little footsteps.

"Wait!" Bilbo yelled as ran after us.

"I win" Kili and I say together smirking at each other.

"I signed it" Bilbo states handing the contract to Balin who read it.

"Everything appears to be in order" Balin said as folded up the contract. "Welcome to Thorin Oakenshield's company mister Baggins" Balin tells Bilbo.

"Get him a pony" Thorin said.

"Oh no I can walk" Bilbo said protesting, but Fili and Kili had already grabbed his shoulders. They lifted him up onto the spare pony. The dwarves then passed Kili and I our winning money from the bet. "What's that about?" Bilbo asks Gandalf.

"They made a a bet on weather or not you'd show" Gandalf tells him.

"Want did you bet?" Bilbo asks him just as Dwalin throw throw a pouch of money at Gandalf.

"I never lost faith in you" Gandalf tells him as he put the money in his robe pocket. "Neither did Saphira or Kili, but think he just wanted the money" Gandalf states.

"Not true, I also had faith in you Bilbo it was Saphira after the money" Kili tells him. We all laughed and I turned to Bilbo.

"I always knew you would come since last night when we met" I tell him.

"It is true, even when I said we lost you she told me not to give up on you yet. I should have listened to her" Balin states and we all laugh. Then Bilbo started to sneeze and searched his pocket for something.

"We must go back" Bilbo tells us and Thorin sent him an annoyed but confused look. "I forget my handkerchief" he explains. Bofur ripped off his shirt pocket and gave it to Bilbo telling him to use that. Thorin and Gandalf lead the way out of the Shire towards the mountains.

(few days later)

It was raining hard today as we continued on our journey. The dwarves were complaining and asked if Gandalf could stop it. "The rain will stop of its own accord" Gandalf told them. I wrapped my cloak tightly to protect myself against the rain and wind. Since I was an elf I wasn't cold like the others. Gandalf told us of the other four wizards of Middle Earth while it rained.

Balin told me about the dragon Smaug and how he took Erebor. He also explained how King Thranduil of the Woodland realm did not help them in their time of need. That helped me understand why Thorin dislikes elves so much and hates Woodland elves. But there was a chance I was a Woodland elf and I only hoped he would see me as an ally still even then.

I had spent most nights resting in the trees away from the snoring dwarves. Gandalf and the dwarves usually smoked at night around the fire. I was also told about orcs and wargs. Bilbo and I were told of the battle between Thorin & the orcs. Of course he wasn't alone there were other dwarves fighting, but Thorin lost his father that day.

A/N

Gif above of Fili and Kili lifting Bilbo up