Chapter 3!

After about 3 hours of Dad driving, I can see he's starting to struggle.

"Dad pull over and we'll swap drivers" I say.

He starts trying to find a place to pull in. About 200 metres down the road is a petrol station and Dad pulls in.

"Toilet, drink, food and swap over" he says handing me $50 "go get us all dinner and go to the toilet, I'll fill up Eli you check the horses and toilet and Karen you go to the toilet and get in the drivers seat"

I run to the toilet and than go to McDonalds. I order everyone something to eat, get it and run back to the car.
It takes about 2 hours until it my turn to drive. Eli hasn't driven yet so he's been sleeping the whole way pretty much.

"Eli. Your on food and toilet, Mum you go to the toilet and help me check the horses, dad you fill up" I say. "I want to be home by tomorrow"

They all go off and do what's needed. I go to the float and go through the little door. I walk over to Kit first.

"Hey baby boy" I say. He starts nudging me so I pet him. "See ya soon boy"

I walk and check in all the other horses to make sure they're ok. I walk out of the float and close the door. I go to the car and hop in the drivers seat. I plug in my phone to the AUX cord and start playing some Luke Bryan, so I of course start singing.

"Shut up" says Eli "I'm trying to sleep"

I laugh. "Sorry but you've slept the whole way almost" I say.

"Shut up and keep driving"

It's almost been 2 hours and I can feel my eyes getting heavy.

"Paige, pull over next truck stop and I'll make you a coffee and we can swap" says Dad.

I nod my head and keep driving. I see a sign. Truck stop 2km. I sigh and keep driving. About 10 minutes later I pull in. It's been 2 hours anyway. There's only Eli left to drive.

"Eli it's your turn to drive. Are you okay to drive the rest if the way. It's only 2 hours and a bit"

"Yea" he replies and jumps into the drivers seat.
Mum and dad get in the back seat so I jump into the passenger seat. I sip my. coffee and put it down.

Eli pulls out and we both start taking. Mum and Dad are both fast asleep in the back seat already.

"Let me know if you want me to drive" I say.

He nods "yeah okay. Go to sleep l. Your the only one who hasn't slept yet"

"Thanks, wake me if you need anything"

I start drifting off to sleep. I have a dreamless sleep.

Eli's POV:

"Paige. Paige. We're home" I say giving her a little shake "come on Paige"

"Carry her to bed. Mum and I will sort out the horses" says Dad.

I nod and pick up Paige. I carry her through the front door and and to bed. I take off her boots and tuck her in. After I put her boots away with the rest of them and hang her hat, yet again with the rest of them. Once I've tucked her in, I leave her room and head down stairs and out the door to the quad bikes. I ride down to the barn. It's 2 'o' clock in the morning and it's dark.

"Mum. Do you and Dad need any help?" I ask.

"No go back to the house and go to bed. Night"

"Night mum. Goodnight Dad"