Chapter 21

As I rolled over to check my phone, all the memories came flooding back from the night before. I pulled the doona over my head and curled into a ball. I felt the weight of someone sit next to me.

"You need to get up, mum made pancakes for you"

"For me?" I mumbled, I poked my head out and looked at her.

"Of course, but we need to clean your makeup off. You have a little," she motioned her hand in a circular motion around her face. "Something, everywhere"

She stood up and left, soon coming back in with a packet of makeup wipes. She sat back down and wiped off the grossness. 

"You look beautiful again" she said smiling. "Now come one, pancakes are waiting"

As I stood up to leave, my phone rang. I flipped it over to see who it was.

"You go ahead, it's Eli. I should probably answer this"

She nodded and walked out. I picked up and answered it.

Paige, are you alright?

Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just about to have breakfast.

I'll come pick you up soon. I think you should hear Mitch out. He's leaving today remember.

Don't remind me... about both things.

Oi, don't be like that. You have to sot things out again because who knows when you are going to see him again.

How about you not say that because you know I hate that.

I know and I'm sorry. I'll pick you up in an hour and a half. Mitch hasn't come out of his room and you two need to talk.

Fine, I'll see you soon.

I hung up and threw my phone onto the bed. I walked down the hall and into the kitchen. 

"Morning Paige" said everyone as I walked out.

"Good morning" I said. 

A plate of pancakes was placed in front of me. We all began to eat and once we were finished, Ava and I went back to her room.

"Eli will be here soon" she said. "you need to get changed"

I shook my head. "No, I don't want to"

"Get changed or go home, face Mitch, talk to him about last night, sort it out and say goo..."

"Say it, I punch you" I said, cutting her off. She laughed.

"It's true though. You two need to sort it out or he'll go back and you will be fighting"

I put my dress and shoes in a bag Ava lent me. She threw me a pair of yoga pants and a sweater. 

"Get dressed. I don't care if you don't want to but hurry up or I will tell Eli to bring Mitch"

I took the clothes into the bathroom and changed as quick as possible. I walked out and she looked at me.

"Are you ready?" she asked. "Cause Eli is here to pick you up. Text me and let me know what happens"

She handed me the bag and my phone as she pushed me out the door, down the hallway and out the front door. I put my bag in the back and got in the front.

"I'll talk to you soon. Thank you for letting me stay"

"You're welcome" she said. 

She closed my door and walked away. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Not so good. How's Mitch?"

She shook his head as we drove away. "I don't know. Haven't seen him all morning"