Chapter 20

Eli pulled up out front of the school. There was a line up of cars as people got dropped off. When we pulled up, we saw a bunch of photographers and a red carpet. Mitch got out and people all looked. He opened my door and helped me out. It looked more like a grammy awards then a school formal. We stood at the start of the carpet and he linked his arm in mine.

"Have fun tonight, don't do anything I wouldn't do" said Eli as Mitch closed the door. We walked down the carpet as people took photos.

 When we walked into the hall it was decorated with photos from the school year. Mitch laughed and pointed to a photo with his spare hand. It was a picture of Ava and I covered in mud after we had played a game of football on a rainy afternoon.

"That is horrible" I said laughing. I looked around and spotted Ava. "Ava's over here"

I pulled him towards Ava who was standing next to someone. I tapped her on her shoulder and she turned around. The guy standing next to her walked away before I could see who it was. Mitch took a few steps away so it didn't look like he was with me. She looked at me and smiled.

"You look amazing" she said.

"And you" I replied "Look gorgeous". Mitch was still standing there, talking to someone. I took his hand and pulled him towards us.

She held back a scream as she looked at him. She gave him a huge hug as someone walked back over. I took a closer look and saw Koby.

"Hey Koby, it's been a while" I said.

"Doing the circuit. Only came back for tonight because I had to" he said blankly. 

"You didn't want to come here, to spend time with Ava?"

He shrugged. "I was on a winning streak"

I shook my head and took a few steps back towards Mitch and Ava.

"I can't believe he's actually here" she said smiling at me.

"You're not the only one" I said as I linked my arm with his and he pulled me closer.

"Do you girls want a drink?" he asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, but I'll come" 

"No, no. I'll go. You two stay here"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He nodded and gave me a kiss before he walked away. Ava and I started dancing as one of our favorite songs came on.

"What's up with Koby?" I yelled over the music.

"What do you mean?" she asked, "He's fine, Look at him dancing over there"

We looked over to where he was dancing around with other people. "He's with everyone but you, what's the go?"

She shook her head. "Nothing that I know of. Anyway, who cares" She added laughing.

Mitch walked back over holding three drinks. He handed one to Ava and I. I took a sip as did Ava. We continued to dance for a while before we were exhausted. 

"My feet are killing me," I said, "I need a break" 

As I said that, our principal got up on the stage. 

"Dinner will be served in fifteen minutes and speeches will be made. If you could all please make your way to the dinning area"

"I'll meet you there" said Ava. "I'm going to find Koby"

I nodded as Mitch took my hand and we started walking towards the dinning room. It was still in the school but they had just made the cafeteria look really nice, with fancy tables and chairs, decorations that covered it from roof to floor. A small stage sat out the front. As we walked through the doors, teachers congratulated us and gave us table numbers. 
Mitch pulled my chair out for me as I sat down. He sat next to me.