Chapter 9

When we pull up to the house, I notice that 3 quads are gone. I look at Logan. He has a nervous look on his face.

"Stop worrying. It'll be okay"

"sorry" he says.

"you have nothing to apologize for. He's down at the barn. Call him sir unless he says otherwise. Okay?"

He takes a deep breath "okay. Let's go"

We walk inside first so I can change.

"Hey Cris. Where's Eli?"

"Down at the barn with your Mum and Dad. Hey Logan"

"Sit with Chris while I change. I'll be right back" I say running upstairs.

I change into my Levi's and work shirt. Throw on my boots and put on my cowgirl hat. I run back down stairs and into the Lounge room.

"Ready" I ask him one last time.

He looks at Chris "I guess" he says following me out the door.

We jump on the quad that's left and ride down to the barn together. We walk in and I see Eli.

"Hey Eli" I say walking past.

"hey Little sis. Hey Logan. Dads in the hay shed if your looking for him and mums in the tack shed cleaning your rodeo saddle"

"Cheers" I say walking into the tack shed followed by Logan.

"Paige" she says happily as she looks up. She gets up and wraps me in a hug.

"Hey mum. I'd like you to meet Logan"

"Hi Logan. It's nice to meet you" she says. "you can just call me whatever. We are all family around here"

"It's nice to meet you to" he says shaking her hand.

"Mumma, where's dad?"

"Hay shed I think. Don't be nervous he's a gentle giant" she says smiling.

We walk off down to the hay shed.
When I walk in, I see dad.

"Dad" I say excitedly

"Princess" he says giving me a hug.

"Dad. I have someone I want you to meet. Daddy this is Logan. Logan this is my dad Phil"

"Nice to meet you sir" he says reaching his hand out to shake dads.

"Nice to meet you to" says dad shaking his hand. "and who are you"

"Dad be nice. Logan and I are going for a ride. He's coming to dinner to. Mum already said yes"

"have fun you to. Be... Safe"

With that we walk out. "Sorry about that. He can be a little protective sometimes"

"It's fine" he says holding my hand.

We go back to the tack shed and get the saddles. We then saddle the horses and leave the barn.

"Are you right?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says "just thinking"

"Okay. What teacher did you boys pull the prank on?"

He starts laughing. His laugh is really cute.

"You know Mrs Odsner?"

"Hahaha. They did it to her. She would've had a heart attack"

He laughs again. "I love spending time with you"

"I love spending time with me to" I say "I'm joking. I'd much prefer to spend time with you"