Chapter 15

I woke up the next day and got out of bed. I took a cold shower and changed into the usual outfit. Jeans, shirt, boots and hat.
I opened my door and Pippa came running in and jumped on my bed. I smiled and walked over to her.

"It's good to see you girl" I said giving her a pat. "Come on. We have to move some cows today"

At the word 'cow' she hopped up and ran down stairs. I followed her but walked into the kitchen.

"Morning sis" said Eli, walking down stairs. His hair was ruffled and he still looked half asleep.

"Morning" I said. "You know we have cattle to move today right!"

"That's today?" He asked and I nodded. "We can do it tomorrow. I'm tired"

"Awww. Is princess Eli a little tired" I mocked.

"You know, sometimes I hate you" he said groggily.

"You love me. You would be so lost without me"

He laughed. "You wish. Don't you have that going away lunch with everyone today?"

"No. That's in 2 days"

He turned around to walk back up the stairs but stopped. "You never told me how that thing with Mason went"

"It was good. He apologized"

"That's it?" he asked.

"His mum died of a brain tumor a few weeks ago" I said sadly.

"Crap. I don't even know what to say"

Lacey came bouncing down the stairs. "Good morning" she said very chirpy.

"Well you seem happy" I said as she gave me a hug.

"I am" she replied opening the fridge.

"Can I ask why?"

She shook her head. "I can't. I made a promise"

"To?" I asked.

"Mitch. Now enough with this talk. Which horse am I riding?"

I laughed, "I'm teaching Mitch right now"

"Then me?"

I nodded. "But you have to ask Mitch"

"Ask Mitch what?" he asked, walking down the stairs.

Lacey ran over to him and pretty much jumped in his arms. "Paige said that once you have finished your horse riding lessons but only if its okay with you"

He nodded. "I'm happy to let you, but remember Paige needs time to practice too"

She smiled widely. "Thank you, thank you, thank you" she said.

Lacey ran up the stairs and I heard the door shut. 

"Do you want some breakfast?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm good"

I nodded. "Alright, you know where the kitchen is so if you get hungry make yourself at home. I'm going for a ride"

I picked up my hat from the bench and placed it on my head, walking outside. I jumped on one of the quads and rode down to the barn.

"Morning Lindon" I said as I walked in to Kit's stall.

"Morning" he replied. "What's on the agenda for today?"

"I'm going to take Roy for a ride then I'll work Kit and stretch Ruby. Haven't really talked to her after what happened"

"I noticed that. You haven't really talked to any of the horses"