Chapter Six

"Hi this is Mason. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible"

"Hi Mas. It's me, Paige. I was just wondering where you went. We can't seem to find you anywhere. Please give me a call back as soon as possible" I hang up and walk back to the group.

"He didn't answer?" Asks Ava.

I shake my head "I told him to call me back. He seems mad. Lucas do you know anything?"

He looks around. He knows something, I know it. "Uhhhh no. I don't know anything"

"Whatever" I say getting up and walking over to Kits yard. I pull him out and tie him up. After I saddle him, I take him for a ride. There's no events on so I go into the arena and join some of the other girls. We talk for a while before we are asked to leave the arena for the awards.

"Fist up we would like to thank all our sponsors. If it wasn't for them this rodeo wouldn't have happened. Okay first up we have the under 18 barrel racing awards. Can all the competitors come to the arena"

We all ride out one by one. I line up next to Alison Forter and Carter Bishop. Carter went really well last night but Alison knocked over 2 barrels so I have a good chance against her.

"Okay. In third place we have Carter Bishop.
In second place we have Miya Callen
And in first place we have Paige Blackmoore.
Congratulations to all the competitors and hope to see you at the next rodeo"

We all ride in 2 lines shaking each others hands. Then we leave the arena and go back to our floats. I stay just outside the arena because they are about to announce the under 18's bull rides.

"All competitors from the under 18's Bill rides please come into the arena"

I watch Eli walk out and give him an encouraging smile and he smiles back. I see Koby walk out although he looks a little disappointed I give him an encouraging smile to. He smiles back just a little.

"Alright. In third place we have Gabe Allestio.
In second place we have Kyle Gaston and in first place we have Eli Blackmoore. Congratulations to all the competitors" they all shake hands and walk out. Eli and Koby walk over to me and I congratulate them both. After a few, Eli runs back to float to saddle up his horse and he brings back Roy for me. Koby gets on Kit and I get on Roy.

"Could all the competitors from team roping please come into the arena side by side with your partner"

Eli and I ride in and stand next to each other. He gives me a smile and I give him one back.

"Okay in third place we have the brother sister team Paige and Eli Blackmoore. Most powerful twins I know"

Eli and I look at each other "job well done Sis" I laugh and focus my attention back.

"In second place we have the father son team Carlos and Angelo Greenham
And in first place we have Lucifer and Angela. Congratulations to all the competitors"

We do the usual thing and shake each others hands and then ride out. Eli an I ride back over to where Kit and Koby are standing. I bed down o kits eye level.

"I hope you behaved yourself baby" the boys laugh a little. "I'll swap ya Koby. I do love you to Roy but Koby is gonna ride you"

Koby gets off Kit but when he's off I just throw my legs over to Kit. Koby jumps on Roy. We all ride side by side back to the float. Koby gets off and Ava gets on. Ava and I go for a little ride before we start heading home.