Chapter 16

I woke up on the bean bag in the theater room. Ava was asleep on the one across from me. I rubbed my eyes and wriggled around a little. Ava groaned and opened her eyes slowly.

"Morning" I said, yawning.

"Morning"

I sat up. "I think I have a sugar hangover"

She looked around. "Same. I could really go for a drink right now"

I stood up and pulled her out of the bean bag. "Me too. What time is it?"

She checked her phone. "7:30"

"Ugh, it feels like 3am"

We linked arms and walked down the stairs. The tv was on in the lounge room so we decided to  go see who it was.
When we walked in, Mitch and Lacey were cuddled up together, fast asleep. I pulled the blanket off the back of the lounge and placed it over them.
We walked into the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Whatever you're having"

She sat at the bench as I pulled two glasses out of the draw. I poured some milk and handed her a glass. Footsteps approached and we both looked up.

"Morning" he said.

"Morning Mitch" said Ava.

"Morning" I groaned.

"You guys look like..... you's could really use a coffee"

"That sounds so good right now!" I said and Ava agreed.

"You want to come?" She asked Mitch who took a seat next to her. I stood at the bench and leaned on it.

"Do you want me to drive?" He asked.

I nodded. "Only if you want"

He looked at me and I tossed him my keys. "We're going in our pajamas. Don't be embarrassed"

"It's fine. Lets go"

I grabbed my wallet off the table on the way out and jumped in the passenger seat, Ava in the back and Mitch in the drivers seat. I took the AUX cord and plugged it in. 

"Look out. She's in control of the music" joked Ava.

"You love my music" I replied. "I hope you like country"

He smiled. "Love it"

I laughed and pressed shuffle. 

---------------------------------------

When we arrived in town, we found a car park outside of our favorite diner, Hanks. We all hopped out. Mitch held the door opened as we walked in.

"What do you guys want. I'll pay" I said.

"Not happening" said Mitch. "I'll pay. It's the least I can do seeing as you're letting me stay with you"

After about five minutes of deciding who was going to pay, Mitch insisted on it.
We lined up and waited.

"Good to see you Paige and Ava. What can I get for you?" Said Hank.

"Hey Hank. Can I please get two large vanilla lattes and a large hot chocolate"

"Eat in I'm guessing" he said.

"You know me to well"

"You come here often" he replied. "That'll be $10.50. Special discount for my casuals"

"You are so sweet Hank" Said Ava.

Mitch handed him the money.

"Who's this?" he asked me.