9장

[Taehyung's POV]

The girls here are really flirty. Weird. And there's Jimin and Jungkook too! So the first few periods before break is Maths, great. Maths really bores me to death, the tone of the teacher is really really boring. I could only admire Lee Areum throughout the period. 

***

"Taehyung! Wanna join us?" Jimin and Jungkook asked. "Well only if Areum could tag along." "Sure!" So the 4 of us went to the canteen and occupied a table not far from the exit. We talked and talked all the way. We made crazy jokes and Areum join in the fun too. "Ya Areum ah, it's funny how we're classmates but we don't really talk to each other, sorry for that," Jimin apologized. 

"We thought that you were like the rest of the girls, flirts," Jungkook laughed, "But you're different and you're fun to talk too." Areum gave them a simple smile and stated that it's okay for them to do that previously because she did not take the initiative to talk to them.

"Yah guys, you know that she can see our wings right," I pat her head and begin to flap my wings that are non existent to other human beings. "Really?? We should have talk long time ago!!" Jungkook and Jimin said in unison. Break is longer than I thought. "The canteen here sucks, me and Jimin have our own hideout around here. Let's go there shall we?"

We headed our way to the hideout. The area is surprisingly huge. "How did I not notice this place?" Areum ran towards the grand piano to play it.  She started to play the melodious tone from the song that we sang at the beach. 

"Guys," she stopped playing the piano and looked at us, "Thanks. For your everything. If it wasn't for Taehyung, I wouldn't be where I am today." Ngaw. "It's cool how I actually trust you guys. Thank you!"

"No worries Areum," we cheered. 

***

Class ended fast as I didn't expected it to be. The 4 of us walked towards our lockers. Luckily mine is not that far from theirs. Out of the blue, someone patted me on the shoulder. "What is it?" I turned around to see one of the girls from our class, wearing a super tight uniform with her parts showing. Oh god my eyes. "Yes?"

Jungkook and Jimin looked at the incident from afar. "I'll catch up with you guys later," I mouthed. Jimin nodded and the 3 of them left. 

"I would like to say that..I like you," she confessed. She looked familiar. She looks like the one among the other girls that harmed Areum. "Sorry but I barely know you, and I have someone in mind already. It's great talking to you, I got to go so bye," and I walked out. 

As long as I'm polite, it'll be okay.

***

"We'll be at the Ddukbokki stall, just right opposite the school! Please be here fast - Areum"

We got loads of homework to do and ddukbokki shall do the trick! "I'm here," I sat beside Areum. Areum is surprisingly an outgoing one, and a cute human being. We ate and chatter, created lame jokes. 

Overall I had an amazing time with them. 

***

I decided to explore the room that I'm sleeping at and I met a book. "Dear Diary."

I decided to take a look. 

"2003년 7월 19일, TO: Lee Areum

If you're reading this, congratulations! You've found the book, the book that you've been dying to see.  I could not express my love towards you through words but I'm able to do it by writing and actions. 

I hope you're doing fine even though there are lots of obstacles ahead for you to conquer. Let's get straight to point shall we? Do you remember the time where me and mum had our first fight?  Yea, that fight. You see, your mum wants to keep this as a secret but you're going to know the truth anyway so there's no point hiding it.

Well, you're a Nephilim. Sounds weird but yea, you're a Nephilim that's why you could see wings on your mum's back. Through this journey of your life, you're going to meet those with wings. Don't be afraid to approach them, they're nice people just like your mum. 

Sorry for hiding this for a long time. 

And, I love you. Continue to be the cheerful Areum that we know, we'll be watching you from above.

With Love,

  아버지 & 어머니 "