11장

[Taehyung's POV]

"Peek-a-boo Areum!" Mina's voice appeared out of nowhere followed by the other 2 girls.  "Oh oops!  Didn't know that he's here.  We wanted to surprise you but oh well."

They walked towards us with a sly grin.  One of the girls came towards me and began to tiptoe her fingers on my shoulders.  "Get your hands off me," I shoved her fingers away. I saw Mina leaving a cup of water on Areum's table. 

"Yah!  What's wrong with you?  What is that something I don't have? Why don't you want me? What does Areum have??" She began to lightly punch me,  which is really annoying. 

"Yah stop!" I yelled.  "Well the reason why I choose Areum is because she knows that misfortune pasts aren't hindrances from growing in the present. And that is why Lee Areum is beautiful," I smiled.

***
"You know you shouldn't have say that right?" Areum said while we're walking home from school.  "Aren't you fluttered by it?" I smirked. "Ah-ah no," she nearly tripped but luckily I got her.  "You should be more careful next time. "

"Shh,  I know that." "Do you?" I leaned my face close to hers and she begin to look all tensed I cracked a smile, "Obviously not."

"Yah Kim Taehyung!!" She began to punched me lightly away.  And she began to laugh hysterically. "Continue to smile this way,  you look cute like this," I guess I said this for the 100th time mentally and physically.  "Okay oppa," she laughed. 

***
School starts per normal,  and here's literature.  We were told to take a piece of paper in this magic hat that Mrs Jung's holding. 

"If  I called out your name,  you should go to the front of the class and say anything regarding to the words in that piece of paper that you took."

I received 'Cinderella' as a topic to talk about. And the game begins. 

"Lee Areum," she called out.  Areum stood up and walked to the front of the class. 

She looked and decided to look at me.  Her eyes her screaming for help,  but I couldn't. I showed her an okay sign to ensure that everything's going to be okay.

"Fallen angels.  Indeed they're fallen,  but their free.  Indeed they can't fly but they can see. Even though their soul is broken,  their body is cut,  they always have their hearts full. Even though their strength is gone,  their halo is crooked and their wings are broken,  they will always have these few friends who would guide them all the way because they accept them even if they're abnormal. 

We should be like their friends, supporting one another even though we're lack of something.  We should be like the fallen angels,  seeing the good in the bad and put a positive side to it.

You see,  we live in society where no one really cares about those who are weirder than us in any way. Fallen angels, they're probably abnormal up there that's why they were sent down here. They couldn't accept uniqueness in each and one of us.

It's okay to be unique,  it's okay to live in a bad past, it's okay to be who you are. Because unique is amazing and I like those who are unique," she smiled and gave a bow. 

I couldn't help but to cheer for her. She walked back to her seat and asked, "Is it okay?"

"Indeed."

"And everything's thanks to you.  Thank you for bringing back my old self. Thank you for bringing me back to life."

You help me feel the world,  so thank you. Thanks for being the light to this fallen angel.