Chapter 7

Chapter 7- Fighting

I awoke to absolute chaos. I had no idea what was happening. Then I saw my brother fighting another wolf in the middle of the battle. I ran over and jumped on the other wolfs back. My brother looked at me and nodded once, but the look in his eyes said this isn't over. I knew that once we got out of this and back to the pack he would be giving me an earful.

After that I knew what had happened after I passed out. My brother and the pack warriors arrived and started the fight. I didn't need to know any more to dive right into the action. Even though I was fighting with the others none of the rogue pack even bothered to fight me or even glance my way. When I realized this I just started to help the warriors that seemed to need a little help.

Once the rogue pack saw that they were out matched without their whole pack they began to fall back. I was glad because I don't think we could have lasted much longer anyways. I looked around to see how many of the warriors were injured or dead, luckily none were dead, but some were injured very badly. I went around to each trying to do my best to help them heal, which mostly consisted of stopping their wounds from bleeding.

I go back to my brother wearily knowing he will probably lecture me about leaving for the childish reason of not wanting to go to the mating games. I look at him cautiously and then see that he is bleeding heavily and looks like he's about to pass out at any second. I grab his shirt and tear it into strips to stop the bleeding. Once it stops I look at him at he still has that we aren't finished look and says, "We are still going to talk about this, don't think you are going to get out of it just because this happened."

All I do is nod and keep the pressure on his wound. About thirty minutes later there are some more pack members there to help with the injured wolves and to help get them back to the pack house.

When we are back my brother and I head to the Alpha's office. When we get inside Alpha Max looks at me for a moment then asks my brother, "What happened?"

"We got there and Sophia was passed out on the ground by the Rogue Alpha. Once he saw us he just walked away leaving his pack to deal with us. None were lost, there were many injured though when they retreated. Sophia finally woke up and helped out a little, though none of the rogues would attack her. She helped when it was over, but I haven't had the chance to talk about this whole thing with her yet.", my brother replies looking at me a little confused then back to the Alpha.

Alpha Max looks a little confused to, but just gestures for my brother to continue and my brother turns towards me.

"What were you thinking running off like that? That was the most childish thing you have ever done I can't believe you! When you mind linked me I was so scared that we wouldn't get there in time! You could've died Sophia. I don't care how much you don't want to go to the games, this was not the answer! And if you haven't figured it out already you are still going tomorrow with the Alpha!"

By the time he finished with his rant he was yelling very loudly. I blushed, embarrassed, because he did it right in front of the Alpha.

"What happened anyway? I know you tried to contact me again, but you were cut off. You were going to tell us not to come weren't you? That you didn't want us to come because they were the rogue pack?"

I stare at the floor contemplating on what I was going to tell them, how much if any I wanted to leave out.

"Well as you probably know I didn't know they were the rogue pack at first, but figured it out and tried to contact you again. The Alpha injected me with something that cut off my mind link to you and the pack. After he did that he said he wanted to talk to me. Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you that he thinks I am a white wolf and something about a prophecy."

They both look at me in shock and disbelief. Then they look intently at each other and I know that they are speaking through the mind link. They both look a little disturbed about what I just told them. They can't actually be considering what the Rogue Alpha told me was true I mean they have seen my wolf and they can't just change.

"Are you actually considering what he said because I know both of you have seen my wolf and it is far from white!"

"No it’s just that we don't know why he would think that. And what prophecy was he talking about?” the Alpha asked me.

"I honestly don't know I was just as confused as you. They even saw my wolf, but they all believed him when he said I was the white wolf. That isn't even possible, there hasn't been one around for centuries!"

"Yes, you are right, but I still want to know about the prophecy he told you of. It will have to wait until after the games though.” he said to me.

He dismissed us so he could do some early research about the prophecy. I don't blame him though I want to know about it just as much, if not more, than him. This whole situation is ridiculous, and to think I have to go away tomorrow to the stupid mating games, which just makes it that much worse.

My brother and I go to the kitchen and he glares at me some more. I get out some stuff to make sandwiches. When I'm done with them I hand him one and start scarfing down mine. After he eats his I can tell he is about to go on another rant about my little trip to the woods, but I beat him to it.

"I know, I know, going off into the woods by myself was stupid and immature. You don't have to tell me again. I'm sorry. You just made me really mad springing that whole 'you are leaving tomorrow' thing. You know how much I didn't want to go in the first place and that was just the last straw. I'm sorry."

"You don't understand Soph I was so worried about you I thought you might die out there. I understand that you hate the thought of the mating games, but it's the law Sophia. I am sorry too."

I stood up and walked over to my brother and gave him a hug.

"Well if you are done giving me lectures I'll be off to bed. It's getting late and I have had one heck of a day.” I say to him.

"Well I wouldn't have to give you lectures if you weren't so pigheaded!"

I just stick my tongue out at him like the little kid I am on the inside and walk up to my room to get sleep before I walk straight into hell tomorrow.