Chapter 31

Chapter 31- First Date

Jay actually followed the speed limit this time which I was pleasantly surprised by. I was so antsy though, I am not very good with surprises. I can never stop thinking about what it is. As we continue to drive I can’t help but get restless.

“Please tell me Jay this is torture not knowing where we’re going.” I plead to him.

“Nuhuh sweetheart. It is supposed to be a surprise and that’s the way it’s gonna stay until we get there.” He said with a smile, knowing that it frustrates me to no end.

I decided that I was going to give him the silent treatment for putting me through this torture. If where we are going is good enough I might decide to talk to him again, but it will have to be really good. Jay laughs at me because he knows what I am doing, but he thinks I won’t be able to keep it up. He’s got something else coming though because I am the queen of silent treatment.

“You look so cute over there with your stubborn look, but I thought you should know that we are almost there.”

I didn’t even look at him when he said that, I fully intend to follow through on the silent treatment, but I also think that ignoring him is a fit punishment too. I am too busy sulking that I don’t even realize that we have stopped. When I finally come to I see that we are at a park. That’s not the only thing though, beside the park is an amusement park.

I get out of the car ecstatically because I absolutely love amusement parks. I start jumping up and down with pent up energy. I look to the car and Jay is just now getting out of the car.

“So do you want to go to the park first or the amusement park?” He asks with his eyes sparkling.

“The amusement park.” I say while I am already pulling him towards the entrance.

He laughed at me and pulled me back into him. We walked up to the entrance with Jay’s arm around my shoulders, looking like a normal couple. When we got to the entrance Jay handed them two tickets and we went right in.

“What do you want to do first sweetheart?” Jay asks.

I grab one of those maps that has all the rides and attractions on it. I look over it and see that there is ten roller coasters, five of which are wooden ones which are my favorite. I can’t wait to start riding them. I hope that we have time to ride them all though, I love the rides at amusement parks, and they are so thrilling. 

“We should start in the back and work our way forward, so when we are done we will be close to the exit. We won’t have to walk that far, which is good considering we will probably be worn out.” I said to Jay trying to contain my excitement.

While we were walking to the back of the park we decided to try and get to know each other better. I decided to do it a little differently though. Instead of asking a bunch of random questions, though we will probably do that too, I decided we should just tell our lives story.