Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Rogues Again

We all stood up from the table getting ready for an attack, but it never came. They rogues just sat there then they parted and who should it be, but none other than the Rogue King. He shifted and stood on a table so everyone could see and hear him.

"We want the white wolf and if you give her to us in the next two days then we will not attack and white wolf, head my words from the last time we met, they are very much true and if you come willingly no one will get hurt.", he said in a voice almost more powerful than that of an Alphas.

He stepped down from the table and strutted away from the gathering. What has the packs come to when we are afraid of some rogues? We are a pack we could easily defeat them if we put our heads to it. Even though the rogues are supposedly a pack they don't have advantages to having a pack like we do. They don't have a mind link, so they can't communicate and hear and feel one another.

They Alphas called a meeting, they set up a tent for all the Alphas to gather in and decide what will happen next. The little group that was at my table sat down and was silent for a second before the chaos erupted.

"Who do you think the white wolf is?” Jeremy

"Do you think he will give himself up?” Paul

"It's a girl you idiot he said SHE, don't be a sexist pig.” Sarah

"What do you think the Alphas will decide?” Cindy

"Do you think the mating games will still happen?” Art

The last comment caught my attention and I smiled. Something good did come out of this. The Alphas would probably postpone the mating games.

"YES!” I yelled by accident.

They all looked at me with weird looks on their faces. I blushed because that probably sounded really bad.

"Sorry it’s just when Art said that I realized the games are probably going to be postponed and I was really happy because I didn't want to come in the first place. The mating games are just------"

I was cut off when everybody started laughing, Jeremy even fell off his seat clutching his stomach. I just sat there confused, I had no idea what was going on.

"After that all you took out of this situation was that the mating games would probably be postponed?” said Paul trying really hard not to laugh.

I just shrugged my shoulders and pouted a little then said, "Well obviously I wasn't the only one that thought it because Art said it first."

They kept laughing at me, while I sat in my seat scowling at them. They all stopped laughing when they heard Alpha Max behind me.

"What's so funny over here?"

"Sorry Alpha, but it’s just that after that whole situation the only thing Sophia thought about, was that the mating games would probably be canceled."

Max looked at me then started laughing along with them.

"I hate to break it to you Soph, but the mating games are still going to happen.", he gave me a 'you know you weren't going to get out of it that easily look' then said, "Well if you would excuse me I need to borrow Sophia for a few minutes to attend the meeting with me."

I looked at him in shock and got up and walked with him.

"Why do you want me to come to the meeting with you? I thought it was just for the Alphas."

"Well it is, but I remembered that when you went missing yesterday the King of Rogues had you and thought that he might have said something to you."

I just walked along with him in silence because I didn't know what to say. I didn't really want to tell anyone about my brief meeting with the Rogue King let alone all of the Alphas in the world. When we were standing in front of the tent I was filled with dread. I didn't know what they would do if they found out what had happened, but I have a feeling I don't want to find out.

We walked in the tent and were met with the stares of all the Alphas. We walked over to where Max's seat was and sat down, then one of the Alphas said, "The King will be hear in a few minutes so we will have to wait to start until he gets here."

After that the tent was dead silent. I sat there in anticipation. I had never seen the Alpha King, he was the most powerful wolf in the world and I didn't really look forward to meeting him. I thought about making a run for it because whatever fate had in store for me here probably wasn't going to be good.

I think Max knew what I was thinking because he grabbed my arm tightly and gave me a glare. I got a really sick feeling in my gut and turned away from him. I heard talking outside the tent and turned toward the entrance just in time to see a very mad and very powerful Alpha King storm into the tent yelling.

"Why did you just let that arrogant rogue waltz out of here like he owned the place why didn't you catch him?" 

He stopped in the middle of the room glaring at all of the Alphas in turn. Then when he saw me he did a little double take then glared at me for a long time, and let me tell you if looks could kill I would be dead and six foot under. 

"And what are you doing here little girl I didn't know this was Girl Scout meeting. We are here for business not playing around. Now get out and let the adults talk!” he said in his King voice and I shrunk back and hid behind Max. 

I knew I never should have come to the stupid mating games.