Chapter 35

Chapter 35- New Powers

I slowly wake up and stretch out my muscles. I notice that Jay isn’t lying beside me and I look around the room, but I don’t even see any sign that he was ever here. None of his clothes or his duffle bag. I get up and go to the bathroom, but he isn’t there either. I go to Diana’s room and knock, but the door opens under my fist. I look inside and the room is bare and empty, like Diana was never there.

I walk around the pack house and all the other rooms I look in are the same. It is like a barren waste land. I start to worry because I have no idea what is happening. I start running around the house trying to find any sign that any form of life ever lived here. I went to the kitchen and looked in the cabinets and the fridge, but there wasn’t even any food in the house.

I go around the house but the more I look, the less it seems like anyone ever came here let alone lived here. I even think I see cob webs in almost every corner of the house. Now I am really starting to freak out I run outside to get some fresh air.

I gasp in the earthly scent and try to calm down. I don’t know what is happening, no one is here anymore. Everyone was here yesterday and I know I am not going crazy, this can’t be happening. Where was everybody and why did they leave me here? Maybe this is all just a dream. This isn’t real, it is just a dream it has to be. I pinch myself really hard to wake up, but I feel the pain and I don’t magically wake up or anything.

I can’t breathe and I start to hyperventilate. Right now I am beyond freaking out, right now everything and everyone I knew is gone, like none of it was real. Right now I am having a mental break down and I don’t know what to do. I start running, I run into the forest and keep running as fast as I can.

I think that maybe if I run fast and long enough, this wouldn’t be happening. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks and they start to cloud my vision. I reach up to wipe the tears from my eyes, but I trip over something. I try to get back up, but there is a sharp pain shooting up my leg. I curl up into the fetal position on the forest floor wishing for this to be a dream.

I sob into my knees not able to stop myself. I don’t even notice when a wolf walks up to me. I take a deep breath and try to reach out with the pack link to the wolf. I see the wolf up close and recognize it as my brother. I sigh in relief, but then Brent growls at me. I try to link him again, but I can’t seem to get through to him. I try talking to him to calm him down and reassure him, but I can’t talk either.

 Brent stalks towards me still growling. I pull myself back with my arms and lean myself against a tree so I can sit up. I stare at him with pleading eyes, but it doesn’t seem to faze him. He comes closer to me and his hackles raise ready to strike. He lunges for me aiming at my neck. I scream out and everything around me seems to explode all at once.

The wolf slows down and my leg seems to heal itself. I stand up and I look at him in wonder, I touch his fur, but that seemed to be a huge mistake. Everything goes back to normal and Brent sails across the forest and lands near the tree. He immediately turns around and rushes towards me. I can feel everything starting to slow down again and I am behind the wolf before he even moved two feet forward.

I feel sluggish and everything around me starts to get a haze around it. I turn around, but it isn’t fast enough to seem him running behind me and tackling me. He bit into my arms and my legs. I scream out in pain, but soon he bits into my neck to cutting off my scream and killing me.