Chapter 39

Chapter 39- The Beginning of the End

Jay hasn’t left the room in days let alone the castle and I am worried about him. I know he is grieving, but this can’t be good for his health. I bring him food every day, but he barely eats. He barely sleeps too he will just pull me against him and lean his head against my shoulder. He would just sit on the bed and stare at the wall all day. He would only get up to shower and sometimes eat. If I was lucky he would talk to me on some days.

I even asked the Alpha King about it, he said there was nothing to be done. We just had to let him figure it out on his own. I wanted to help him through this, but every time I try to talk to him about it he goes silent and still as stone. When I can I hold him because that is the only comfort I know how to give. I remember when my parents died I was so angry I tore apart almost every room in the house, Brent on the other hand was more like Jay until he had to take over the Beta position.

While Jay has been holed up in his room I have still been training with everyone here. I have also been helping with the records, trying to figure out which things don’t quite match up. We haven’t found anything yet though. There has got to be something soon because we are getting to the end of records that I have.

Today I have been training all morning and now I am in the library with the other pack members searching in the records. So far everything is in the exact order as it is in the pack records. Nothing seems to be out of place, but there has to be something. I am looking at the pack records and then I see something. The pack records skipped a name. I can’t believe I have finally found something.

I ask one of the other pack members to come and check it out. Sure enough they see the same thing I do. I found the first one. The one from the Texas pack, the name is Mark Simmons. Now all we need to find is the second name, the one in California. Although they might not still be in their packs we can still get some information on them. I think we might be a little more persuasive this time though, especially since things are way more serious now.

I write down the name on a piece of paper and everything that it has down about him. I go to the room and sure enough Jay is still here but this time he is actually sleeping. I don’t want to wake him so I go to the bathroom to take a shower. I grab my clothes and set the paper down on the table.

While I was in the shower I heard the door open, I slide the shower door open a little bit and saw Jay taking off his clothes. I stare at him not sure what to do, I don’t want to upset him. I am not sure I want to take a shower with him either though.

“Jay? What are you doing, are you feeling better?” I ask him.

He doesn’t answer me he just takes off the rest of his clothes. He walks over to the shower and opens the door to the shower. My eyes widen as I take in his whole form, he walks slowly towards me. He pushed me up against the wall and cages me in with his hands. He lowers his head to my neck and breathes in my scent. I wrap my arms around him and hug him close to me when I feel and see his salty tears falling.

“Jay you know I love you right?” he nods his head, “You also know we are in the shower too?”

“Mhhmm.” He mummers.

He kisses my neck and I moan and grip his hair. His mouth trails up my neck and to my ear. He nibbles on my ear and then kisses me. I kiss him back after everything that’s happened I needed this, but I know it can’t go any further than this either. I push him back to stop the kiss, but I still hug him to me because I know he needed this too.