Episode 8 - My Pokémon are Not Weak

Orange woke up to a Double Slap. “Ow! Aria what was that for?”

“Jiggly,” it said in a huff.

“Alright I'm up,” Orange said grinning. She did her morning routine and fed her Pokémon. She looked over and realized that Violet was gone. I wonder where she went.

“Are you guys ready to go find Liora?” she asked her Pokémon. Amity and Vee were rearing to go, Aria crossed her arms and nodded in a very haughty fashion. She returned her Pokémon to their Poké Balls. She strolled out of the Pokémon Center and headed toward the West side of the town, in the direction of Mt. Moon. Orange wanted to investigate what had happened to Liora as well as train. She let her Pokemon out. “Let's begin training!” she told them.

She opened up her Pokédex and looked at their stats. Vee was level 23, Amity was level 15, and Aria was level 24.

“All right maggots!” Orange said strolling up and down the row her Pokemon were in miming a Drill Sargent. “We are going to train long and hard! We will not leave this spot until we can do at least something in a situation that we were in before.”

With that they began their training. Vee and Amity trained together. By time the training session was coming to an end Vee leveled up 5 levels, and Amity almost leveled up 1. Orange decided to teach Aria how to lift her into the sky and drift a short distance. Orange managed to get to search where Violet said she had found her. Liora where are you? Orange sighed. She's no where near here. Did they take you? I'm going to find you one day Liora.

Orange looked at all of her Pokémon. “Well done guys! I'm so proud of you!” she said and hugged Vee, Aria, and last but not least, Amity. Amity began to change shape when Orange hugged her. “Amity!” Orange paused, shocked. “You're evolving!”

Immediately Orange whipped out her Pokédex, “Nidorina: The female has a gentle temperament. It emits ultrasonic cries that have the power to befuddle foes. The female's horns develop slowly. Prefers physical attacks such as clawing and biting.”

If she keeps leveling up, then maybe, just maybe one day we can take revenge on Team Rocket for taking Liora from me. Orange shook her head. No, revenge is never the answer.

Grinning slightly, Orange looked at her Pokémon. “How would you guys like to have dinner on the top of Mt. Moon?” she asked her Pokémon. Her Pokémon responded excitedly. She returned everyone but her Jigglypuff to their Poké Balls. Jigglypuff lifted them into the air and they landed at the top of Mt. Moon.

“It's beautiful out here,” Orange said sadly and released her Pokémon. I wish Liora could see this. She gave each of the Pokémon their food, then they started to hear some singing. The lass looked down and saw pink Pokémon dancing in a circle. How odd, she thought. It must be Clefaries. What else could it be? Orange sat and watched the pink Pokémon dance in the moonlight in awe. So amazing. Her attention was taken away by a clattering rock sound. She turned and looked behind her.

She saw a male figure. He looked slightly older than her and had shoulder length black hair. He wore a skin tight muscle T-shirt and faded blue jeans.

Apparently she wasn't the only one looking this way. The Clefairy froze in their spots and then they scattered.

“Look what you did!” Orange snapped at the new comer.

“What did I do?” the mysterious male said apathetically.

“You scared away the Clefaries!” she said in a huff.

“So? What's your point?” he said cooly.

“My point is that interrupting their magical dance was rude!” Orange hissed.

“Well it's too late to change it now,” he proclaimed and slid down the rocky slope of the mountain top.

Orange followed him down and scoffed, “well it's still wrong.”

“Whatever,” he mumbled and looked around.

Orange looked up at the moon. It was almost directly above them, and it looked huge. Clefairies came from the moon huh? she thought remembering the stories Professor Oak always used to tell Green when she'd listen outside the window. I wonder how he is. She snapped out of her own little world when the boy started to walk. “Hey!”

“What is it?”

“I don't know...” she paused. Awkward silence. “What's your name?”

“Why does it matter?” he asked.

“Just 'cause I wanna know,” she said cutely.

“Indigo,” he stated.

“My name is Orange.” She opened up her mouth to say something else but thought against it. She bit her lip and looked around. She was now in the very center of where the Clefaries were dancing. The girl looked down and saw a rock. Hmmm, the pattern on its kinda cute. She picked it up and put it into her vest pocket. She turned around and realized that her Pokémon weren't with her. Orange looked up at where they were and waved them down. They took the hint and came down to her.

“Are those your Pokémon?” Indigo asked.

“Yes they are!” Orange said and went to brag about them. “Aren't they so cu-”

He cut her off, “they're weak.”

“Take that back!”

“I'm only saying the truth.”

“Take it back!”

“No.”

“I mean it Indigo, take it back,” she demanded and bit the sides of her cheeks.

“I'm not going to take back something that is true,” he stated equally as stubborn.

“Then let's have a battle!” she said glowering at him.

“Fine,” he said apathetically. “I'll only have to use one Pokémon to take down your entire team.”

“Just prove it,” she said cockily. We trained all day for a battle and now we're going to win. I just know we will.