Episode 14 - My Battle

“I am not stupid!” she growled. “If anything you people are stupid enough to take my poor sweet Metapod!”

Her adversary chuckled. “You came here for a Metapod?”

“Its name is Liora,” the girl bitterly stated. “And I want her back right now.

“Don't throw a temper tantrum,” Jasper stated, not as amused as before. “I'm assuming you're the original trainer of the Metapod that was brought in here.”

Orange glowered at him.

“It really is a shame really,” he paused. “Collectors pay high money for shiny cute Pokémon.”

“What do you mean shiny? Liora was a normal colored Metapod.”

“Ah, well you see this is a laboratory,” he motioned for her to look around the room. “And we do do experiments here.”

“What are you saying,” the trainer asked, her voice lowering.

“I'm saying,” he grinned maliciously, “that we conducted experiments on your Metapod.”

“Where is Liora now?”

“I'm getting there,” he stated, enjoying her now unsettled expression. “We juiced up your Metapod and turned it into a Butterfree.”

“You people are sick.” Orange swallowed her spit. “Where is Liora now?”

“Patience is a virtue,” he taunted. “That wasn't the only thing we did to your sweet Liora. You see it was the first of our many experiments to turn normal Pokémon into shiny Pokémon. It is such a shame though.”

“Where is it now?”

“If you had trained your Metapod better it might still be alive,” the scientist finished.

“I don't believe you!” Orange screamed. “Where is Liora?!”

“If you don't believe me why don't you go search through the pile of failed experiments,” he pointed to a pile of Pokémon in the corner of the room.

Orange scurried over and sifted through all the Pokémon corpses. “The poor things! They didn't deserve this!” She began to cry for all the deceased Pokémon.

Jasper smirked at the girl, he was enjoying her despair.

Her eyes fell onto her Butterfree at the bottom of the pile. She stroked its face gently. Oh Liora! Sweet Liora! I have let you down!

She wiped her tears away. “I'll make you pay,” she stated above a whisper.

“What was that?”

“I said! I'll make you pay!” Orange roared and sent out Vee and Amity.

“As if you could accomplish such a feat!” he mocked. The stranger sent out a Hypno and a Grimer.

Orange smirked, her anger taking the place of her sadness. She snapped her fingers and her Pokémon got into their attack positions. She snapped her fingers again and her Pokémon unleashed their strongest attacks, sending their opponents flying. “As you can see,” her smirk widened. “You are no match for me.”

Jasper took a step back. “How could you have gotten so strong for someone who couldn't even raise a Metapod?”

“If my Metapod hadn't been taken,” Orange scowled. “I wouldn't have had a need to be strong.” She snapped her fingers again and Vee used Hydropump to soak the place. Orange strolled over to the now passed out Jasper and took his keys. She unleashed all the entrapped Pokémon and turned toward the corpses. “This is so sad.” She bit her lip, these Pokémon didn't deserve to be treated like this. She let out Aria. “Do you think you can do something really important for me Aria?” she asked.

“Jiggly! Puff!”

I need you to take these poor Pokémon to Mr. Fuji's,” the ten-year-old motioned the pile of corpses. “I know it isn't the most likeable job but it's important.”

“Jiggly!” the cute pink blob saluted.

“Amity I'm trusting you to help get all these Pokémon out, both alive and deceased.”

“Queen,” it nodded.

The trainer patted her companions on the head. She dug a piece of paper out of her bag and wrote a note explaining what was going to Mr. Fuji. “Be safe you two.” She gave each of them a kiss and looked down at her Vaporeon. “You ready to go Vee? I'm sure we can find something to help out here.” She opened the door and looked back at her Pokémon. “When all the Pokémon are safe meet me back at Mr. Fuji's and don't leave until I return.”

“Vaporeon!” her Vaporeon cried out and Orange hugged it. What now? She strolled throughout the HQ. Where is everybody? She thought and decided to change into her original outfit. I'm itching to battle right now. She walked down to the next floor. Still nobody. Shouldn't somebody stop an intruder when there is a break in? She continued to the next floor and stopped the the sight she saw. “Green!” she shouted and tackled his attacker.