Episode 9 - What a Night

Indigo let out his Marowak, that's what her Pokédex called it. Orange sent out Amity. In one hit, Amity was knocked out. Amity was followed by Aria and Vee. Drat, this is my last Pokémon but I can't back down, Orange thought.

“Alright Liora its all up to you.” Orange paused. Oh no! I don't have Liora anymore! She began to burst into tears.

Indigo froze.

“If you are going to burst into tears after you lose a battle you'll never become strong. You shouldn't be a trainer,” he stated.

Orange felt herself become empty. So what if I lost? How can I be a good trainer if I can't even save my Pokémon? Liora I'm sorry. I'll become stronger and find you one day.

“All my Pokémon are down for the count,” Orange she said lifelessly.Drat I should have bought supplies like Potions or Revives like Green told me to. She bit her lip nervously. Maybe revenge is the answer. Orange looked around for Indigo, but he was gone. So weird why does everyone disappear when it comes to me? How am I going to get down from here?

“I can help you,” a familiar creepy voice rang into her ears.

Her face turned pale and she nervously turned around.

“Oh hi Brown,” she squeaked. How does he do that? She wondered.

“How do I do that? I just walk very quietly.”

Her eyes got wide. Now how did he do that?

“I can help you get back to Cerulean if you'd like,” he said with a cheshire grin.

I don't really have much choice now do I?

“Sure I'd like that!” I can't get back on my own, since Aria is out.

“Follow me,” was all he said and started to walk into the cave.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” she stopped.

“What is it?”

“I am not going into that cave,” Orange said pointing to the entrance.

“It's the fastest way down,” Brown said meekly.

“I don't care.”

“Suit yourself,” he said shrugging and continuing to go inside.

“Eep, don't leave me!” Orange hustled in after him, barely grabbing the back of his shirt so that she wouldn't get lost in the deep, dark, hole of doom of a cave. I hate caves. Why do I have to go into a cave?!

Brown led the way out of the cave and left her at the exit. He disappeared yet again without a word of goodbye.

That is so weird, she thought. Wait! How did he know I was going to Cerulean? She freed herself from those thoughts and returned to the Cerulean City Pokémon Center. She handed over her Pokémon to Nurse Joy, which was followed by crawling into the bed she had used the prior night and instantly falling asleep.